Wireless Video Camera

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Cannonball, Mar 14, 2007.

1. hooknlad

hooknlad Member

Sorry CB, i tried with my friends at x10.com, best they can do is $80.. if you buy in bulk however.... lol They have a ton of wireless cams with pan, zoom and tilt as well.
  2. Cannonball

Cannonball More Trains Than Brains

I don't need sound.
    And these look like they would work for what I want.
    Might take a stab at them.

I can upgrade to a better one down the line.
  3. nolatron

nolatron Member

Yeah, for $30 it a good little "entry level" system with getting into onboard wireless.

Here's a video I took using my wireless mini cam from Ebay.

Now, this is the mini camera strapped to an R/C chopper so the video breaks up more often than it does when not getting flung around. The videos from my F1 R/C car were great, except I can' find them :( All my bouncing around on the floor and walls and the chopper radio probably wasn't all that gently with the wireless single from the camera.

4. bigsteel

bigsteel Call me Mr.Tinkertrain

even if it's bumpy it's still cool,my brother has an RC b-26 that he has w ireles cam in but it does have a 10ft wing span.--josh
  5. Pitchwife

Pitchwife Dreamer

If your computer has a composite input then you can input video directly into your computer. No need to go through a VCR first.

They come as a set, TX, RX and power supply. (9v battery is extra :D )
  6. Cannonball

Actually, I run most of my stuff through a Dazzle Box that converts from A/V input to whatever digital info goes into a USB2 port. Vid capture from there and done.

I wondered if they did or not but most of the ones I've seen as a set actually tell you they come as a set.
  7. Cannonball

That video made me dizzy. :D
  8. rexscates

rexscates New Member

Well as a matter of fact irishtracklyar.com has wireless video cameras

direct feeding to a computer requires a USB enabled video receiver. We have a wireless receiver for about $105. With the camera about 33 more. A camera and analog receiver without a USB port is $66.95. The 66.95 option has 4 channels, a mini camera that can run off battery or wall wort, comes with all needed cables, and tech support by me.

If you are just starting out you can get a decent camera set for 66.95. If you are serious about doign a lot of video editing. I recomend that you get a wireless receiver that has a USB port. Direct to computer has the highest video quality.

We are carring these becuase we want people to uplaod videos to the internet. it is the easiest way to make avilable information about the hobby to the general public. My father in law is john Houlihan at irishtracklayer.com registerd as OSCALE john here. He is a retired CPA who has a massive layout in his basment , has a passion for good track work, and has made many unique products available.

if you have any questions about wireless cameras send me a email at rex@irishtracklayer and i would be happy to answer them. I offer full tech support and will do one free video edit of a video with opening and ending credits if you allow us to uplaod the video to sites such as youtube.

we are currently at O Scale March meet in chicago.