wire glass update

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by jim currie, Sep 4, 2006.

1. jim currie

jim currie Active Member

ok i was not happy with the black netting so went to Joanns and got some gray and brown.
    as you can see from the pics that the gray is a bust too hard to see but the brown looks just right to me ,what do you think ?
    the black is on the left the gray center and the brown right i also included a close up of just the gray and the brown.

Attached Files:

2. tverskaya

tverskaya Member

Looking good!

What you might also try is to paint the netting if it isn't exactly the right colour. I did that for a piece of camo netting once and the little bit of light brown paint made it just the right shade and while it would seem that netting is a pain to paint, it does work with some effort.
  3. Catt

Catt Guest

Lookin good Jim. :D
  4. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

Brown good!
  5. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

You've got it Jim - the brown looks perfect!!! :thumb:

6. Herc Driver

Herc Driver Active Member

I like the brown...but that grey has a nice contrast...ok, that's no help so back to...I like the brown.
  7. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

That's great Jim!! :) :) :)
  8. stripes

stripes Member

I think they all are good, it just depends on the use!
    The gray (from the picture) looks like the type of opague glass that would be common in restroom windows . But I like them all! aussie
  9. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

I agree with Stripes. I don't think the grey is a bust; it looks like the "less industrial" stuff you find in high schools or other public institutions. The black and brown look more like security mesh that is installed over the glass, rather than imbedded in it.

10. stripes

stripes Member

Oh! For the rest of you Canadians, I ment Washroom! LOL
  11. brakie

brakie Active Member

Looks great Jim! Nice touch! :thumb: