windows

John Sneed

Nov 15, 2001
Columbia, Mo
Visit site
I've seen some very good windows on here,and I would like to know how to make windows.I'am doing a free lance depot and need to install windows in it and havn't a clue on how to do them. Thanks for the help I know I'am going to recive. John

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Poverty Acres, North Carolina
Visit site
John I normally use windows left over from other kitbashing projects, but if I need a particular type (like on a engine house project I'm currently mired down on :D ), companies like Grant Line and others make a wide selection. You didn't say what scale you are in, I'm a n-scaler and would rather have a root canal then try to scratch build windows in this scale. If you are in a larger scale companies like Evergreen, Northeast, Plasta-struct, etc. make materials in the sizes you would need.

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
John, Like Tyson said Grandt Line has lots of windows in various sizes and configurations. I like to use them because the castings are so clean you don't have to do any clean up on them. They're very delicate and you have to "handle with care" though.

jmarksbery

Sep 25, 2002
Butler, Kentucky USA
members.aol.com
Yes, I like Tyson use left over window and doors for scratch building, most kits have some left over and others have quite a few. I have even bought some cheaper kits just for the goodies that come with them and most of the time it is even cheaper that way. (anyone that knows me knows I am cheap. :p :rolleyes:

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi John,
I very often make my own windows using the computer and printer. The windows are printed onto clear plastic sheeting available where you buy your printer/paper from.

Shamus

Attachments

• windows.jpg
    windows.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 96

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
John,
Like the others, I will use Grandt Line windows (HO scale), of leftover windows from other projects. The window in the picture, however, is a working double hung window, scratch built with Northeast Scale lumber, and clear acetate glazing(HO scale).
Pete

Attachments

• fhwin1.jpg
    fhwin1.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 85