Who models multiple scales?

not sure where to put this, but here is as good as any.....

i am currently working on an HO setup. my dad has O scale we used to setup as kids and now he wants to get it back out for the grandkids. and i am starting to think of a new setup in N for my basement in a smaller area.....

so the question is.... do many people model in multiple scales? or just stick with one?

just curious. any opinions welcome.

thanks!

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
I dabble in both O27 and HO gauges.
I also want to try N and G gauges at some point.
Nothing like covering all the bases.
:D

YmeBP

Almost finished the track laying of my ho and i have some n scale stuff to put in my office :).

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
I am in HO and N scale, been in HO for about 2 years and new to N scale, about 3-4 months.

I love them both, doing a STEEL MILL in N scale and Construction and Heavy Industry in HO scale :thumb: :thumb: :D :D :D :D

jesso

HO and N. Building a 4x8 HO layout. Room size dream layout someday will be N. Will have to get rid of club N modules layout before even starting on that though.

RobertInOntario

Good question. My Dad (who passed away in 1999) used to model in HO and the British OO, but also collected train stock from all sorts of gauges. He had O, S, N, even TT. I inherited all of his model trains (which is what partly got me back into the hobby) but I stuck to HO and OO, and either sold or traded his other gauges.

Now, I'm beginning to think that it would be kinda nice to have an N scale layout set up somewhere ... hmmm! Just dreaming though!

Rob

Russ Bellinis

I model in ho, but recently was given all of rod Carew's trains. He had ho, Lionel o-27, & LGB. We are currently remodeling our house, and plan to put a pergola over the patio. I think that when my grandsons get a little bigger, I will try setting up the Lionel on the concrete patio on nice days and run it when my grandsons are over to the house. I doubt if I will try to do any serious modeling in 0 gauge though.

CaNadiaN

I'm in the "transitional" stage right now. Officially I'm strictly an N-scaler (which is all that I'm centering in on); however I still have a whole crapload of HO stuff, most of which I'm looking to get rid of.

Pooh Bah
My main layout is OO and HO, would that count? Both use the same tracks.
My wife's layout is Lionel O.
I have a stack of N scale, but it's packed away.

One of our club members decided to limit his modelling. He chose one locomotive (Deltic diesel) and did it in all the scales. I think he had N to O and was working on 7 1/2" gauge when last heard from.

myltlpny

I have a decent sized HO layout, but like to set up my N-gauge Unitrack stuff from time to time. I may at some point do a small N-gauge layout. I have been into HO since I was a kid, but got into N-gauge to join a local club with some friends. It's much more portable.

RonP

Member of the WMRC
Money is a huge restriction on this but I fully intend to experiance all scales weather it be at home or at a club.