Who makes inexpensive locomotives?

Discussion in 'Narrow Gauge Model Railroading' started by JGuess733, Aug 21, 2004.

1. JGuess733

JGuess733 New Member

Who makes inexpensive HOn3 Loco's? I've got a Roundhouse 2-8-0, and I'm looking to diversify my inventory. Thanks for the help.
  2. Glen Haasdyk

Glen Haasdyk Active Member

Roundhouse also makes a two truck and three truck shay in HOn3.
    Roundhouse also makes an unpowered 0-8-0t engine using the 2-8-0 chassis and a saddle tanker body. You could easily power it by adding the gears and motor from the latter or get a NWSL gearing kit. Here's a picture of mine:[​IMG]
    I believe Grandt line makes an HOn3 boxcab diesel that is affordable (or at least they did)
  3. JBBVry

JBBVry Member

From what i have seen in HOn3 Inexpensive and Hon3 don't go together very well. As for the roundhouse engines i have a couple of the shays i would love to sale. also i have built 3 of the 2-8-0's one is a great runner one is ok the other is garabage. i have a few brass engines in HOn3 a few of them run good one is great and a couple of them are crap. but i have to say the Goose is a great runner that just came outa few months ago. with all the good stuff comming out in ON30 maybe they will make some good low priced stuff in HOn3