Where do I pick up passengers?

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
Northern Rivers NSW Australia
G'day all, :)

I'm looking for some passengers to populate my railcars and passenger coaches.

I know you can get seated LPBs, but they look like corpses sitting there propped up staring straight ahead when you put them in the passenger seats. :eek:

Anyone know of where I can get good passenger LPBs that are doing things like :wave: or :sleeping: or looking out the window, :cool: and stuff?

Pitchwife

Dreamer
Apr 23, 2001
The middle of nowhere Oregon
Visit site
You might have to do a little disecting and reassembly to get them to do what you want. There was an article on that in MR a few mo ago, but it was for either G or O scale. Some mofeling clay could help redo arms etc. on HO and N scale.

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
I've found that very few of my LPBs reach the layout unscathed---I cut and mingle the little boogers limbs and whatnot to whatever configuration I need. Seated figures need their booties carved and shaped a bit to sit more naturally. Don't be afraid to lop off and relocate limbs. Fill in gaps and make new shapes by dissolving sprues in liquid styrene cement 'til it is a thick goop. Apply where needed, allow to harden then carve it to shape. Best done to the Edgar Winters Group's tune "Frankenstein" ;) After three or four figures you''ll never look at a sprue of LPBs quite same way again. :thumb: :thumb:

Cadillac_SD9

Jan 2, 2006
what about model power? they may not look the best but they're not expensive like prieser and woodland scenics. it is your choice.