Where can I get white LEDs

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by Nick8564, Oct 19, 2005.

1. Nick8564

Nick8564 Member

Im installing ditch lights in my Bachmann Dash 8-40's and Im looking for a 3mm or smaller LED. Well I can't find them at Radio Shack or any computer store. Can anyone help me. Thanks
  2. jim currie

jim currie Active Member

3. theBear

theBear Member

4. Nick8564

Nick8564 Member

Can you tell me what the difference in the plain white and golden white? Just the intensity of the light, or is there a color difference too?
  5. theBear

theBear Member

Color is different look down the left hand side on those charts you should see a color pic of the lit LED.
  6. hd8091

hd8091 Member

I have had good luck with these guys on E-bay then send free resistors and are very prompt in shipping . I have ordered about five times from them and never had a problem
  7. shortliner

shortliner Member

from UK ALL Components
    email allcomponents@aol.com
    White LED High Intensity 1.8mm 3v 25mA LD31 GB£ 0.75 each of GB£ 7.00 for 10 1k resistors GB£ 0.05
    They take Visa Mastercard and Delta
    Shortliner(Jack)away up here in the Highlands
  8. jim currie

jim currie Active Member

Nick the golden whites look like incandescent lighting the rest of the white led's have a blueish cast to them some brands more other less.
  9. KCS

KCS Member

Golden white would be the best way to go. I heard something about a true white LED that they are being reworked because they got so hot that they just melted themselfs. So I heard. I use 1.5v mini bulbs for all my lights and use Len'z over the opening as they give the light a prototype look rather than the bulb stuck in a hole look.
  10. Bentron

Bentron New Member

Richmond Controls has several choices for golden and sunny white LEDs. He was one of the first to research these. They are a wealth of information, and very professional.
  11. hd8091

hd8091 Member

12. green_elite_cab

green_elite_cab Keep It Moving!

thats only if you have to much current going into it. they are probably trying to make it allow more current, because apperently there is no good resitor to put in there.