What's your excuse??

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Twenty Gauge members took the time to enter a photo in the January Photo Contest. :thumb: If all 20 of them have already voted for their favourites, then only an additional 28 Members have bothered to cast their ballot(s). :( Thanks to those that have taken the time to do so, but this is a pretty dismal turnout, especially considering the great selection of photos that you have to choose from. You can vote for one, or a few, or even all, and you don't even have to get off your seat to do so. C'mon folks, your vote is also a show of appreciation for those who have taken the time to enter. Here's a link to the voting thread; click on the names to see the pictures, and click on the box(es) to cast your vote:

Jan. 07 vote for your favorite pictures

And after you've done your duty here, you might want to post an entry in the February contest. Here's a link, in case you're all tuckered out from voting: :rolleyes: :D

Hah, Feb already. How about your new paint job or road?

Just remember, this isn't a "Contest" contest, it's just a good opportunity to participate in the Gauge and share your work with other Members.

Wayne

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Dec 4, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
Just cast my vote.
Although it was a really tough choice with all the top notch pics to choose from.
There are some very tallented people on this forum. :cool:

N

nachoman

wayne,

Don't it seem the same way every month? lol. Patience, though. and your little nudge is definitely respected :)

but seriously - man, I never really knew how many things I could have on my list of "things to do" until I bought a house. I'd have had a perfect photo for the january contest, but my stuff was still in boxes and didn't have the time to get it out. And this months? Well, I'll submit something if I get time to finish my latest project! But before then, there is the business trip for work, the roof that needs fixing, The bathroom window that I am going to replace with glass block, the bathroom vent fan I need to install, the tree I need pruning, the car that needs a new crankshaft and a quarter panel replaced... I sure envy my dad who retired a few months ago. He recently got the truck I learned to drive on running again...

kevin

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Hey, Kevin, retirement isn't necessarily all that it's cracked up to be: I spent almost 7 months last year doing a house renovation, (10 - 12 hour days, although I am a slow worker :D ) and when that was done, helped out on a kitchen reno for my older daughter. Now, I'm building a desk for my younger daughter. Sheesh! Build just one house for yourself, and everybody thinks that you like doing this kind of stuff! :rolleyes:
I'm having difficulty getting back into "training", too. I'm working on rebuilding/repainting a dozen freight cars to try to get back into the railroading mood, but it's been slow going. :cry: Coming up, six major loco rebuilds, most of which have been sitting around for more than two years. I got more done around here when I was still working for a living!

Wayne

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Nice to see some fresh voting action, especially since the server seems particularily slow today. :thumb: Keep those votes comin', folks.

Wayne