What are you reading now?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Lounge' started by khidotmama, Mar 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grimsteruk

Grimsteruk New Member

James Axler's Deathlands #40 Nightmare Passage

It's exactly the same as the last 39, just the bad guy has a different name.

Not sure why I torture myself tbh.
  2. etheren

etheren New Member

Currently reading Kraken by China Mieville. If you haven't read of his things, check out Perdido Street Station!
  3. Tirick

Tirick Member

The Tyrannicide Brief by Geoffrey Robertson. Interesting view of 15th Century Britain, and the events leading up the the trial and death of Charles I.
  4. rony

rony New Member

I currently read the teenage mutant ninja turtles book. I found out that Master Splinter is a mutant rat.
  5. uradodah

uradodah New Member

I'm reading "Quiet Strength" by an ex-NFL football coach named Tony Dungy. A great read so far...
  6. poorleno

poorleno New Member

I'm reading The Time Machine & The Invisible Man by H.G. Wells. So far really liking it.
  7. dreamer41

dreamer41 Guest

I am currently reading Pet Sematary by Stephen King. I am on page 203 and so far am enjoying it a lot. I recommend it.
  8. This days I've been reading Planet of Exile by Ursula K. Le Guin (1966).

This is the third time I read it, and it gets better each time.

Something that always happens to me when reading to Le Guin is that I never like her books at the first reading because they aren't easy to approach. But the second and third times I re-read each of her books I enjoy them a lot.
  9. RocketmanTan

RocketmanTan Well-Known Member

I am currently reading Microbe Hunters, by Paul De Kruif. After that, I plan to either read the biography of Lee Kuan Yew, or The Power Broker
  10. zerosum

zerosum New Member

I'm reading:

The Lucifer Code by Charles Brokaw

at the moment. A sequel to:

The Atlantis Code.
  11. MAGI

MAGI Member

I am reading the Bartameus Trilogy. Sort of an opposite harry potter.
    Defiantly wroth a read. I am mostly fantasy my self.

Have you read the Iron tower dualagy? A hugely ripped off Tolkien, but basically takes a good series and makes it better. To tell the truth, I like the Iron Tower better.
    Denis L McKerinin(spelling?)
    I highly recommend it just for the Dwarves, the Warrells(halfings trhat are more warlike)
    I have read it twice and will read it again. Almost all of DLM stuff is Great.
    Got get it if you have not.
  12. RocketmanTan

RocketmanTan Well-Known Member

I just finished reading Sphere by Michael Chrichton (god, my head still hurts from that sign1), and now I'm reading Frankenstein
  13. qwerty2008

qwerty2008 qwerty2008

I have read the entire Hardy Boys series, Most of the Edge Chronicles series, Some of the Star Trek S.C.E. (Starfleet corps of engineers) books, several Star trek T.N.G. (The next generation) books and the millennium falcon (Star wars) book.
  14. coolwinter10

coolwinter10 Guest

Right now I am reading a sports magazine.
  15. Monster Island by David Wellington. Amazing take on zombies :3
  16. Wojtee

Wojtee Member

Right now "The man who died like a salmon" by Mikael Niemi.
    Recently "Man and boy" by Tony Parsons. And Watchmen, too :)
  17. Tirick

Tirick Member

The Lord 'Ramage' series by Dudley Pope; out of print and hard to find, but my wife and I stumbled across a complete set at a used bookstore. Brilliant 'adventuring' stories about a British Naval officer in the French/Napoleonic wars. It bring to mind the pulp classics and is quite entertaining.
  18. schorhr

schorhr Member

Not sure if it counts:
    "Getting started in Electronics" (Forrest Mims)
    Lost it a long time ago, got it cheap from amazon marketplace. Re-Reading now.
    So much fun, its like a cartoon explainging electronics.
  19. Practical Electronics for Inventors

I took "electronics 101" in college around 15 years ago. I'm a little disappointed that I never followed up on it. I finally decided to delve a little deeper. It's been like a "splinter in my mind" over the years. I finally decided to try and learn enough to at least experiment.

20. leaw

leaw New Member

Science Of Discworld 3 by Terry Pratchett and Beneath the Bleeding by Val McDermid (One for home and the other for my Lunch Break!)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.