What, another poll???

What style are you using and are you happy with it?

• I use the "new" style and it's good for me

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I prefer the "classic" style and I'm pleased with it

• I use the "new" style, but I'd rather see something else

• I use the "classic" style but I"d like another color choice

• Total voters

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Yeah, I've been curious if nothing else, so the results of this poll will not affect what we do, but the quesion is this, how many of you are using the "Gauge new" style, and "Gauge Classic"? For those of you that don't know the difference, there is a small menu at the bottom of the page that lets you select between them. The classic style is the all blue background with white text. The new style has a blue background but the thread windows, posts and other things are in a light grayish background and black text.

Originally, the Gauge was all blue, hench our nickname, Big Blue, but we've had several back and forth changes these past few years and now have these two user-selected styles. The reason behind it is that for some people, the white on blue text is hard to read, but some members didn't want to let go of the all blue concept either. After running this way for about a year, I'm just wondering how many use what, and if they're happy with the way it is.:D

Thanks,

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
I chose I prefer the "classic" style and I'm pleased with it.

There are a couple of things, like post times, that appear in white on grey in the New scheme that I don't like. But in the classic scheme, messages that use green, blue or red text are hard to read too...

The Gauge has always been blue for me, so I am sticking with Classic... ;) :thumb:

Andrew

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
I chose I prefer the classic style and I'm pleased with it.

When the change was made I went back to blue only because that is waht I was used to. At work due to network issues and filter software some times nmy computer defaults to the new style.

Since I have survied changes in appearance at other forums I have grown a don't care attitude toward it. If the style of the forum does not interfere with the quick loading of the forum I don't care. I am more concerned that the content of the forum is interesting and fun.

Now saying that there are certian colors that would work. Yellow on white background. Light grays and white for example.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
I forgot to say that I have been using the "new" style for a while now, but every once in a while I go back to classic just to see if my decision was right or to check something. I'm use to the new look, it's a bit easier to read for me, that's the reason I changed. I still get the "big blue" feeling though since most of the background is still Gauge blue.:D

There's still just a few spots that are white text on the gray background that are nearly impossible to read. I'll talk to Peter about that once we get settled on the new server.:wave::wave:

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
Since I joined this forum, I always have seen it in the "new style" and did not even know that there was a "classic style" so I guess I prefer the "new style" better. I viewed the "classic style" and just liked the "new style" better casue thats's what iv'e always seen.

cnw1961

Jan 7, 2006
Germany
I prefer the new style. At first I thought I would stick to the Big Blue, but then I tried the new style for a few days and I like it better now, because I think the black text is easier to read on the gray background and pictures look better when they are surrounded by a neutral color.