Web Links for Traction parts.

Discussion in 'Traction Thoroughfare' started by interurban, Sep 26, 2006.

1. interurban

interurban Active Member

2. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Thanks Chris! I've been thinking of making a sticky with just this sort of link.

3. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

Is there a reason you posted this today?
  4. interurban

interurban Active Member

5. bill937ca

bill937ca Member

6. bill937ca

bill937ca Member

Unfortunately, BEC has suspended operations.

2006/07/25 Update
    Production suspended

[SIZE=+1]We are going abroad in the middle of August 2006 to the Philippines for about a year. During this time we will not be able to produce any more BEC-KITS tram kits, bogies or trucks. We are not able to accept any new orders.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]Our existing stocks of Tower Tram kits, etc. will be available from East Lancs Model Tramway Supplies and you can email j.d.whitehouse2@tesco.net[/SIZE]
  7. bill937ca

bill937ca Member

8. interurban

interurban Active Member

:thumb: Thanks very much for the links bill937ca

Please show us what you do in the traction forum, always good to here from a fellow Traction nut.:thumb:
  9. bill937ca

bill937ca Member

I will post some photos soon. I have a small 30" x 60" layout under construction.
  10. bill937ca

bill937ca Member

Another supplier for the heavy traction guys.

Model Memories has catenary poles, catenary bridges, 3rd rail hanger kits and photos of heavy electric layouts, and city details like light poles, fire escapes and venetian blinds.

11. bill937ca

bill937ca Member

12. interurban

interurban Active Member

13. bill937ca

bill937ca Member

Model Railroad Warehouse for a GE Steeple cab and perhaps a McGuire Cummings 2 truck sweeper body styrene w brooms & frame in fall/winter 2007.

14. bill937ca

bill937ca Member

15. bill937ca

bill937ca Member

16. interurban

interurban Active Member

So glad you posted these sites Bill.
    Great info and the price`s are good to:thumb:
  17. swampdaddy

swampdaddy New Member

Retriever parts

Hi all: I am a newbie here. Busch has a new paint scheme for the HO scale GMC new-look fishbowl bus, it is the "environmental paint scheme" as used on an Edmonton, Alberta BBC/GMC trolleybus. I want to turn one of these Busch units into an Edmonton trolleybus; and, if I am lucky to power it with a Faller Car System propulsion system. The trolleybus line will supplement my streetcar routes.

I will be going to those parts sites in this thread later on but I thought I'd ask as maybe some one can short cut my search.

All for now, Swamp Daddy :rolleyes:
  18. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Hey there Swampdaddy - welcome to the Gauge! :wave:

Glad to see your first post was in our Traction forum. I think your powered trolleybus is a brilliant idea!!! :thumb: Keep us posted on your progress with it - I would love to see how it works out.

19. bill937ca

bill937ca Member

Retriever parts

Welcome Swamp Daddy.

The only retriever parts that I am aware of in any scale are offered by Light Rail Products in G scale:

On the HO trolleys Customtraxx painted and detailed for me, the retriever is just a small hunk of styrene.

I'll give you a couple of O scale suppliers as trolley coach retrievers are sometimes oversize compared to streetcar retrievers. Q scale does offer a couple of retrievers, but one model is out of stock.

Current Line Models

Q Car Company

20. Uintah Dave

Uintah Dave Member

East Gary Car Company has some nice stuff in O & G scale. No web site but you can get a catalog with an SASE to 3828 St. Joseph Ct. Lake Station, IN 46405