We worked our tails off today

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by interurban, Jul 4, 2003.

1. interurban

interurban Active Member

And moved our lay out into our LHS Pickering Hobbys.
    Diane has given us the space , so we built a rack and moved it in tonight pheeewwwww, .Beer and a shower in that order.
    The Traction in Action has a new home.
    :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
    Fancy ,,,, Modeling our show lay out in a Hobby shop,,,, we wont run short of anything now.:)
  2. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

Lucky guy. I envy you.
  3. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

In the retail business, we call that a "loss leader item"--something that costs us a little to get you in the store but we put it in the back to lead you thru the isles past all that stuff you know you just gotta have. I can just hear all that well placed traction brass just calling out their siren song to you even now...:p
  4. cpr_paul

cpr_paul Member

Where is Pickering Hobbies Chris? May have to stop in sometime...
  5. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Are there any restrictions as to space and hours of operation Chris?
  6. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

That sounds great Chris!

I've always thought having a layoput ion a hobby shop was a good thing for everyone...it's good for the shop, because it gets people inspired to try their hand at modeling...it's good for the modelers, who get to "show their stuff"...& it's good for the customer (especially the newbies) who get to see exactly what can be done with all those items sitting on the shelves!

You lucky dogs, you!:D :cool: :cool: :D
  7. interurban

interurban Active Member

Hi Guys, Pickering Hobby shop is on HWY 2 just west of whites road, Paul, you said you are moving to Birchcliff is that off Lawrence ave??
    Hi Robin store hours are 10 am to 6 pm Thur till 8 pm Fri till 9pm.
    We will be in the back room (modeling den:D ) most Thursdays. and in winter we will go for Friday.
    But we can work on the L/O anytime we want within the shop open hours.
    Diane, (great Lady) has asked us to run it in the shop at Christmas:D
    I will post a pic or three:D of the area.
    Fortunatly I have have been using the store since 1983, and they have just relocated to a bigger store, so It already feels like home.
  8. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

That is soooo coool! You guys must be in modelling heaven! Now, remember I said I would like to help out. How about, seeing as how there is a certain distance factor involved, that I just make a building for the layout? I'm thinking a kit here. What do you say Chris?

:D Val
  9. interurban

interurban Active Member

Hey Val what type of building have you in mind??
    May be when you see it running at the show (19/20 July) you can get a better Idea.
    Or prehaps take a building that we have and do ya thing with it????;)