Wanted Vanderbilt Oil Tender.

MilesWestern

I'm looking to modernize my fleet of steam locomotives and I need two or three Vanderbilt oil tenders.

I need the 4-axle bachmanns from their 0-6-0 line. Also might consider their 6 axle oil tenders. I will consider the older ones without electrical pickup and the new DCC-ready ones as well. If you have some of them sitting around, I'll gladly BUY or TRADE for them. Thankyou.

Link to the tenders I'm talking about: Catalogue No 50711

doctorwayne

Bachmann sell most of their tenders as separate items, and you can also buy the ones that are normally equipped with a circuit board without the circuit board. Another item to consider might be the former MDC/Roundhouse Vanderbilt tender: They could be built either as an oil or coal tender. The frame is cast metal, with a plastic body: you may be able to find some on e-bay. They're a little bit longer than the shorty one in your link, but still on four-wheel trucks.

Wayne

MilesWestern

Wayne, I already own two MDC Vanderbilts, and I find them a bit wanting in the detail dept. They're ok.

I had no Idea that they made them w/o circut boards! Do you have a link for that?

Thanks for the information! :)

doctorwayne

Miles, I'm not sure that this fact is on their website. If you 'phone their parts and service people, though, this info is available. I run DC and needed tenders for some conversion work that I'm doing on some older locos. While I did spend more than just a few bucks, I simply asked if the tenders were available without circuit boards and was pleasantly surprised to find that they were. I was merely trying to save some money. I've found the people at Bachmann to be very courteous and helpful.

Wayne