Wanted Vanderbilt Oil Tender.

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by MilesWestern, Sep 10, 2007.

1. MilesWestern

MilesWestern Active Member

I'm looking to modernize my fleet of steam locomotives and I need two or three Vanderbilt oil tenders.

I need the 4-axle bachmanns from their 0-6-0 line. Also might consider their 6 axle oil tenders. I will consider the older ones without electrical pickup and the new DCC-ready ones as well. If you have some of them sitting around, I'll gladly BUY or TRADE for them. Thankyou.

Link to the tenders I'm talking about: Catalogue No 50711
  2. doctorwayne

doctorwayne Active Member

Bachmann sell most of their tenders as separate items, and you can also buy the ones that are normally equipped with a circuit board without the circuit board. Another item to consider might be the former MDC/Roundhouse Vanderbilt tender: They could be built either as an oil or coal tender. The frame is cast metal, with a plastic body: you may be able to find some on e-bay. They're a little bit longer than the shorty one in your link, but still on four-wheel trucks.

3. MilesWestern

MilesWestern Active Member

Wayne, I already own two MDC Vanderbilts, and I find them a bit wanting in the detail dept. They're ok.

I had no Idea that they made them w/o circut boards! Do you have a link for that?

Thanks for the information! :)
  4. doctorwayne

doctorwayne Active Member

Miles, I'm not sure that this fact is on their website. If you 'phone their parts and service people, though, this info is available. I run DC and needed tenders for some conversion work that I'm doing on some older locos. While I did spend more than just a few bucks, I simply asked if the tenders were available without circuit boards and was pleasantly surprised to find that they were. I was merely trying to save some money. I've found the people at Bachmann to be very courteous and helpful.