Walthers Auto-Rack loading ramp?

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by Wildcatfootball, Dec 23, 2007.

1. Am I dreaming when I think I've seen pictures of this? Awhile back, I thought Walther's brought this product, but sold out pretty quick and is extremely hard to find? Is this all a dream? If not, does anyone know where I can find one, or maybe even two? :confused:
  2. rogerw

rogerw Active Member

3. taylor_up_bnsf

taylor_up_bnsf taylor_up_bnsf

Walthers Cornerstone
    Cornerstone Series(R) Distribution Facility $49.98

The walthers website says they are sold out.
    [​IMG]:mrgreen: :thumb:

4. rogerw

rogerw Active Member

Taylor I like that one alot better. looks more modern.
  5. Taylor! Thats the one I was looking for!!! I knew I wasn't dreaming! Thanks! Now to search eBay and hope for the best.
  6. conrailmike

conrailmike Member

Good luck finding one, I keep looking and can't find them anywhere. I had one in the box awhile back and decided to sell it because I thought I wouldn't use it and I could just kick myself for doing that.
  7. Maybe Walthers will re-release it like there doing with other kits right now. I'm sure that would make a lot of modelers happy.
  8. jbaakko

jbaakko Active Member

Good luck, I just saw one for for around $60.
  9. taylor_up_bnsf

taylor_up_bnsf taylor_up_bnsf

No problem, just trying to help! The last time I saw one still in the box was at my lhs at the beggining of the year.
  10. Kevinkrey

Kevinkrey Member

I though I saw one of those at my LHS recently, if I go back I will try and remember to look. My other LHS has tons of structure kits, even discontnued ones, Ill try to look next time im there too.

11. If you find one, just PM me and I'd send the money out the next instant!
  12. Russ Bellinis

Russ Bellinis Active Member

What would you get for $49.98? It looks like the ramps would not be particularly difficult to scratch build. I think Plano makes material suitable for the deck. One of the European manufacturers of automobiles offers an assortment of various sized wheels and tires that would work for the wheels under the ramps, and the rest of the ramp could be fabricated from various structural shapes. You couild also steal wheels off of cheap toy cars from Wal Mart, Toy-R-Us or whatever, or perhaps some wheels off a n scale automobile. Pike Stuff makes steel buildings that could be used to finish off the scene.
  13. Kevinkrey

Kevinkrey Member

Today, suprisingly, I made it to both hobby shops and they both have them. Instead of sending money and shipping and all, why dont you just call one of them, I will give you a choice:

Scale model supplies 651-646-0026

Hub Hobby shop 651-490-1675
    Both have them atleast one in stock, but I think Scale Model has a few.
  14. green_elite_cab

green_elite_cab Keep It Moving!

Yeah, my hobby shop had a ton of them, until it closed. I'm not sure if it's totally out of business, but things weren't looking to good these past few weeks
  15. They weren't a very good representation of any prototype

MR (?) published an article on improving them a couple of years back.
  16. green_elite_cab

green_elite_cab Keep It Moving!

Oh? They look exactly like some i've seen in Philadelphia.