"Vincents Landing " growth

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by jimmybeersa, Aug 1, 2003.

1. jimmybeersa

jimmybeersa Member

Perhaps some of you will remember my picture of
    " Vincents Landing " posted some time in June , well it has grown some since then

Attached Files:

2. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Man, that's beautiful! :cool: :cool: :cool:
  3. Blake

Blake Member

Coming along great.
  4. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

You sure capture nature at its best Jimmy. Excellent modelling
  5. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

Looks great Jimmy. Nice job.
  6. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Wonderfull work, Jimmy!
  7. Jimmy, I love that scene! You've done a really nice job with it!

Is the car ferry scratchbuilt or kit-built?

How about some more photos of your landing? I'd like to see more of it in detail. :) :cool:
  8. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

I do remember! Its looking great! Love the rail barge!
  9. csxnscale

csxnscale Member

Jimmy B,
    It looks like a winner to me, love the scene.

10. jimmybeersa

jimmybeersa Member

Casey..... every thing in that scene except the rails and caboose are scratch built from things found in my workshop. the Car ferry is a length of plank shaped on my sanding disc as is the push boat. Based on "Eastern Shore RR in Virginia,Vincent Mariner, my good friend down there,works on the Loco that handles the Cars off the ferry. I will post a photo of it later that I took on avisit to him I am reposting th picture of the scene

Attached Files:

11. jimmybeersa

jimmybeersa Member

Here is the Push boat or Tug The rivets on the ferry hull are made with cereal box strips indented with a little toothed wheel my wife Had in her sewing kit, (She dont have it no more), the portholes on the boat also came from her ,they are the eyelets used on a belt

Attached Files:

12. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

The pushboat ready to move that barge across Chesapeake bay.
    Great mini scene Jimmy. Vincent was kind enough to send me a video tape taken from the cab of the Eastern Shore loco and you have captured the scene nicely
  13. Again, beautiful work, Jimmy, and a real neat mini-scene. Thanks for the additional photos. :)
  14. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Fantastic modelling Jimmy! I like your resourcefulness in finding materials - especially the eyelets for portholes! The whole scene looks great!