very sad news from West Virginia

Virginian

Jan 27, 2001
Santa Rosa, Ca.
Visit site
Sunday before last, the small railroad/coal town of Mullens, West Virginia was hit by a devastating flood. Much damage, including the small train museum, and the house my Grandparents had on Front St., along the Guyandotte River.
If any of you are persons of faith, please pray for the folks there...it sounds very bad.
I haven't seen any News reports...my source is an Aunt with contacts in the town, through my Mom in Va. If anyone has seen any News about this, please pass it along to me by email.
thanks
Lenny (aka Virginian)

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
Northern Rivers NSW Australia
Lenny,

Plesae pass my thoughts and understanding onto your granparents and all. The floods in West V were all on the news here with footage of it all. Looked very devastating. My thoughts and wishes are with them.

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Lenny my friend, I am so sorry to hear of the
devastating flood thats has caused so much damage, my thoughts and prays go to all concerned.
shamus

Virginian

Jan 27, 2001
Santa Rosa, Ca.
Visit site
thanks for your kind thoughts, felllas.

I should clarify one part of my original message...no one of my direct family still lives in Mullens and my grandparents have all 'passed away', beginning in '75.
But there are deep personal connections for me there, just the same, and I have to admit this has hit me pretty hard. I think maybe it's just as well I didn't see any photos or footage of the 'scene'...
I didn't see anything on the news last week, Sun. or Mon., so talking to my Mother by phone this Mon. was the first I'd heard...seems like you get better coverage in Austrailia, woodie...or I just wasn't paying attention to the news.
Thanks again for your prayers and kind thoughts, everyone.
VGN

[This message has been edited by Virginian (edited 07-19-2001).]

LC

Apr 5, 2001
Visit site
Lenny,
Very sorry to hear of the floods and the loss of property and things that most likely will never be the same again. Out thoughts and prayers are with you and yours and the people of that area.
Lance

W

wt&c

Yea, it was pretty bad here the last few weeks. we have a Flash Flood warning out for almost all 55 counties of WV right now. I'm on a high hill about a half mile from the river. Both my grandparents are like right on the river bank. (thankfully, the Buckhannon River doesn't flood too easily.)

Virginian

Jan 27, 2001
Santa Rosa, Ca.
Visit site
wt&c...
I'll be prayin' for dryer weather for the Mountains of Home.... I wouldn't stay along a River with forcasts of heavy rain ever again...once was enough for me. But if it's home, well, I gues you do what you have to do, just like we did in Monte Rio along the Russian River in Feb. '86.
All the best to you and yours.
VGN