Vacation on Martha's Vineyard (lots of pics)

Having lunch in Edgartown harbor, one of many beautiful sailboats float by...

martha1.JPEG

The historic Edgartown lighthouse (from a distance)...

martha2.JPEG

I went hiking at the Felix Neck wildlife preserve. Turtle Pond (yes, it had lots of turtles)...

martha3.JPEG

The inland saltwater ponds were full of ancient creatures like this horseshoe crab. BTW, that's my shoe next to the horseshoe, for scale...

martha4.JPEG

The famous multi-colored cliffs at Aquinnah. According to Wampanoag legend, Moshup (their primary deity), dashed whales against the rocks before he ate them for breakfast, ergo the colors...

martha5.JPEG

The historic lighthouse at Aquinnah (sorry for not rotating it)...

martha6.JPEG

Edgardtown square, a popular place for outdoor weddings...

martha7.JPEG

Finally, a black and white photo of Vineyard Haven harbor. I took a number of these pics at extremely high resolution (5 megapixels etc., etc.), but of course I had to shrink this one to fit onto the forum. At any rate, I had it professionally printed on 11" by 17" glossy paper, and it looks fantastic...

martha8.JPEG

I hear you, Pete. I've always lived next to the ocean - half of my life in Seattle on Puget Sound, the other half in Boston. I don't think I could ever live inland for very long. There's something about waking up in the morning with the cool smell of salt wafting through the window...