USS United States

Discussion in 'Ship & Watercraft Models' started by redwolf28386, Feb 18, 2009.

1. redwolf28386

redwolf28386 Member

Does anyone know of a model of the USS United States is available? Preferably 1/200 scale?

2. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

Four ships of the United States Navy have borne the name USS United States in honor of that nation, but only one of them was launched, and it became part of the Confederate Navy.
  3. Gixergs

Gixergs Well-Known Member

Hi if it's the cruise liner SS United States your after JSC did a 1/400 scale waterline kit.
  4. redwolf28386

redwolf28386 Member

Should have been more specific...yep, it's the Ocean Liner I'd like to find... just read an article in the paper about's possible she may be sold for scrap because of the economy... hopefully she be restored ...
    Gixergs, do you know if the JSC kit is still available?

5. redwolf28386

redwolf28386 Member

I just found the JSC site and ordered a kit....well, 2 kits actually! The United States, and a WW 2 sub!!

Thanks Gixergs for pointing me in the right direction!

6. scon10

scon10 Member

At the collectors website for card models Zeist Bouwplaten you can also buy a copy of the ss United States as issued in the 1950's by Emsco, a beautiful and detailed model in scale 1:300. This is the link
    Good luck
  7. Gixergs

Gixergs Well-Known Member

Yes they do...sorry I'm late replying:v8: had a computer malfunctionwall1 so was off line for a while:violin1:. Glad you got it sorted and tracked one down although it should be pointed out that historically liners and subs don't mix!. I had just finished hunting about for a model of her for a friend so was aware of the JSC kit and I'm sure I found mention of larger scale one as well. There is a web site about the attempts to save the old girl but things don't look good at the moment, maybe she can go and live in Dubai with the QE2. Enjoy your build glad I was of help Gixo
  8. Teamds

Teamds Member

Hi Red, I've wondered what it would be like to order directly from JSC?
  9. redwolf28386

redwolf28386 Member

It was pretty easy. The web site is in English and Polish.