USS Spruance

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Got bored so I decided to test build the LAMPS helicopter for Spruance also to check the scale this way I can get an accurate measuremnt on the length it is abouttwice as big as it should be so it must be near to 1/100. Although several mistakes have shown up I am reasonably happy with it needs some formers for the fairly complicated engine assembly. Needs cleaning up as well.

AA battery in the background

Main components

Comparison with Lynx from Norfolk

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Got bored so I decided to test build the LAMPS helicopter for Spruance also to check the scale this way I can get an accurate measuremnt on the length it is abouttwice as big as it should be so it must be near to 1/100. Although several mistakes have shown up I am reasonably happy with it needs some formers for the fairly complicated engine assembly. Needs cleaning up as well.

AA battery in the background

Main components

Comparison with Lynx from Norfolk

eibwarrior

Dec 17, 2005
Knoxville, TN
Getting bored? :wink: That can't be.

Good looking chopper. That's a good test build. Looks like it will be a good start towards the Spruance. I know you're itching to get going...

Can't wait to see this one get off the ground.

eibwarrior

Dec 17, 2005
Knoxville, TN
Getting bored? :wink: That can't be.

Good looking chopper. That's a good test build. Looks like it will be a good start towards the Spruance. I know you're itching to get going...

Can't wait to see this one get off the ground.

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
SH-60B Helicopter

Hi

Attempt number 2 of the SH 60B hopefully rescaled to 1/200th the exhaust is not the easiest bit to build it requires a rather fiddly insert of a former at the front and the rear has to curve down to meet the aft fuselage. In fact all the top requires formers. The fuselage is half butt joints and half former and strip joints. I tried to emulate airbobs window highlights not sure if it shows. This time I decided the length of the length of the blades did not need a wire insert which made them a lot easier to build. I think I will try and build a set of folded back blades and maybe even the tail in the stowed position eventually. I must admit to being quite pleased with this one.

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
SH 60B cont

Finally sitting on it's undercart oleos are from copper wire. I decided to remake the tail rotor using just card I think it will look better than wire links

landing on the stern of Norfolk so I guess they could at least deliver the mail.

regards