update on the rail gun

scoobyloven

Jan 13, 2002
zeeland michigan
Visit site
well guys here is a couple of photos of one of the rail guns i am doing this one is 95% done and ready for weathering took a week to get it to this point it is in n sacle and made out of
100 % styrene and old trucks i had laying around and mate cuplers . the rail gun is 20 inches from end to end and with the cannon up it is 13 inches high and it is 2 inches at the widest point

Attachments

• rail gun.jpg
    rail gun.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 321

TR-Flyer

Nov 24, 2001
SC
Visit site
Hi:
Nice work! Have you seen the K-Line "Iraqi Freedom" train? It's on the inside front cover of the July "Classic Toy Trains".

REALLY nice rail gun you've got there!

Regards,
Ted

scoobyloven

Jan 13, 2002
zeeland michigan
Visit site
it could fit a 22 shell in to ittyson.

but that just gave me a good idea for the shells for it i'll ask my dad for some of his reload shells he has and use them
don't worrie all they would be empty ones no powder (dummys)

i think i can get started on the weathering of this this weekend

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
An interesting project scoobyloven. Does it swivel too?
Could be fun to have a military train but don't know if there is anything new after the second war. An SD 90 with armour plating?:D :D :D

scoobyloven

Jan 13, 2002
zeeland michigan
Visit site
sorry it dosen't turn that was the big problem with the big rail guns and when it came to move them it took 2-4 locos and it was a job to do that this is one of the smaller ones they used in ww2 the biggest one was the dora in n scale it would be a hefty 27 inches long from end to end and 6 inches wide and with the gun up it would be 22 inches high

but for this one it wouldn't have a run on the layout it is going on a 36 inch X 18 inch display

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
You've inspired me to go build a Schnabbel car, an articulated flat that is used to carry transformers by GE. Could you share just how you did the pivot points on those two flat cars?

Blake

Jul 19, 2002
Northern New Jersey
www.BlakeDTatar.com
You could probably...no...most definitly win an award with that gun at any IPMS (International Plastic Modelers Society) contest. They are predominatly military and would go WILD for that (I know I did when I saw it). I am totally serious about that too. Look up IPMS on the net and find a chapter near you. Then see when their next show and go for it. These guys get all excited over 1/72 scale armor stuff. Wait 'till they get an eyeful of 1/160th!!!