UP had a safety Ride and I got the pics

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by who_dat73, Jun 5, 2005.

1. who_dat73

who_dat73 Member

Wow Union Pacific that runs the Line here in town had a free safty ride to promote crossing safety. All I asked for was to take pics of the inside of the cab the next thing I know they asked if I had any family in the passenger cars when I said no they said sit down if ya want you can ride up here we went on a hour and a half ride Here are the pics that I got from the cab.[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    My greatest thanks to Josh the conductor in pic #4 John the enginer in pic num 5 and Jim the Union Rep starts the next post I think thats what he is very nice guys and informitive then the last pic is my ugly mug parking it in the drivers seat trying to look like I know what I am doing.[​IMG] I have more pics of the cab controls and some short vid clips if you would like them post a note here and we can get them on the way

Attached Files:

2. who_dat73

who_dat73 Member

the next set

John is the union rep of the group that put this on,
    All aboard
    Leaving the station
    Coming into Sibly Iowa for the turn around

Attached Files:

3. Pitchwife

Pitchwife Dreamer

Looks like you have your picture for the faces behind the name thread, and what a way to get it. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  4. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

What a great opportunity! Thanks for letting us ride along!
  5. petepuma

petepuma Member

That guy sure looks conforable in that nice big chair...what a job!! [​IMG]
  6. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

That's neat, thanks for sharing your experiences with us. Some of us have never been in a cab, so that's great that you posted these.
  7. Diezel

Diezel Member

Man, now i'm jealous. Where do i sign up for a ride in that? :)
  8. ausien

ausien Active Member

great pix WD, thanks for shairing them with us, you said, you had more, well I will play little oliver twist here and say ...please sir may I have some more...have a good one ..steve
  9. who_dat73

who_dat73 Member

ok heres the rest of the pics

1] riding the rails
    2] UP 3900 ready on track 2
    3] Chippewa vally I think is a short line tour ?? not sure
    4] Not sure what these are controlls for I just sat down and shut up at the begining
    5] Brakes throttel and whatnot

Attached Files:

10. who_dat73

who_dat73 Member

and the last of them

1] headlights and whatnot
    2] beutifull veiw huh:thumb:
    3] Keep the home fires burning
    4] safe and proud of it:)
    Thanks for coming on the ride with me

Attached Files:

11. ausien

ausien Active Member

thanks mate from little oliver..have a good one..steve
  12. Union Pacific

Union Pacific Member

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: I am almost to the point of bribing engineers to let me get on the step:D ;) I would like to see th vid and other pics you can E-mail me at bnu@comcast.net

Thanx, Ben
  13. hooknlad

hooknlad Member

Is there some type of "Dead Man" switch inside the cab of a diesel ???
  14. KCS

KCS Member

I rode a set of SW1500's one time a few weeks before I got a learning curve in the drivers seat. I tell ya. Riding on the bottom step while moving 4M.P.H for coupling is scary the first time out. The brakeman who got off to throw the switch told me to climb on the steps and hold on tight. That I did! Coupling speed seem's a lot faster than it really is when your riding on the steps. I was about 12 years old then. I wonder if I can still get away with it. :)
  15. who_dat73

who_dat73 Member

Thank God for the Gauge

Thanks to posting these pictures on the Gauge I have the opertunity to get back some of my fondest moments, somhow I have lost all my RR pics I had on disk and thought these were lost forever :cry:then I thought to look back and see if these were still here didn't save all the pics I lost but got some of the most important ones at least:thumb: :thumb: