two new trains among the platform renovation mess!

Marxed

Jan 29, 2005
sorry for the mess, i took down everything soo i could add more and double the size of the platform... i'm moving all the track around and adding afew more tracks soo i can run more trains... here's the two new Marx loco's i got with abunch of new cars

Marxed

Jan 29, 2005
MilesWestern said:
Nice stuff, CavlrZ! The locomotive looks really REALLY precariosly positioned with that corner of track hanging OVER THE EDGE!!! EEK!!

BTW, marx stuff runs on Lionel track? if so COOL! :cool:

yep, they actually will run on lionel transformers and track, i have a older 50watt powering the outside track so i can also run lionel on it... on the far right of the platform is my lionel stuff, the two platforms were seperate before but now there innermixed a bit

i was scared of the track hanging over at first, but since we got that tressel up with pieces of 2x4, that scared me even more!

Ray Marinaccio said:
I have been looking for one of those diesel switchers.
I like the Pennsy car also.

those are the first red PA cars like that i've ever seen, i found two of them tegether with that loco in near mint condition at a hobbyshop, it was an amasing find! i also got the log/pole car in that set, which i've always wanted

as for the switcher, theres afew of them on e-bay.. right this second there is a gray, a red, and a green switcher ... and a yellow one!

here's the URL that should list all four that are running now... hurry up before they sell! the red one is only at 26 bucks with a day left!
http://toys.search.ebay.com/switche...saprcloZQQsaslcZ2QQsbrftogZ1QQsofocusZunknown

i think you might like this yellow one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/MARX-UNION-PACI...ryZ19147QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
Hi,

I model HO and try to get things as "prototypical" as I can. I remember, while still a kid, the next door neighbor kids had a Lionel set, and I remember thinking that trains didn't run on three rails...What were these kids thinking???
Having said that.....Man!! would I like to have some of your trains!!!

Great stuff!!

Gus (LC&P).

Marxed

Jan 29, 2005
steamhead said:
Hi,

I model HO and try to get things as "prototypical" as I can. I remember, while still a kid, the next door neighbor kids had a Lionel set, and I remember thinking that trains didn't run on three rails...What were these kids thinking???
Having said that.....Man!! would I like to have some of your trains!!!

Great stuff!!

Gus (LC&P).

hehe, three rails are odd when i think about it, but i never really had desire to go to far into the protype world as you can see :D

i'm try and model a pond thats 1/4th of an inch below the platform level in a cutout in the platform... i want to make it realistic like the water i seen everyone here posting, i just got to figure that out!

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
Hi,

I noticed as I was browsing through your pictures again, that I do have something you got... In the picture of the switcher pulling a couple of gondolas, there's a crossing gate lying on its side. I got one just like it that I got somewhere for my AF set (been with me since 1957....).

Gus (LC&P).

Marxed

Jan 29, 2005
steamhead said:
Hi,

I noticed as I was browsing through your pictures again, that I do have something you got... In the picture of the switcher pulling a couple of gondolas, there's a crossing gate lying on its side. I got one just like it that I got somewhere for my AF set (been with me since 1957....).

Gus (LC&P).

:D i love those little gates, they allways fall down whenever the platform is bumped :D

i'm almost done putting my platform back together, more pics will be coming soon! :thumb: