Trying to find a program online!

PennRailRoads

Apr 4, 2002
Pennsylvania
Hey fellas,

Can you help me out here? I'm trying to look for a program that can convert my pictures into jpg's and such plus to reduce the image a little. I did have a program that did that and after I reinstalled eveything in the computer I lost it. If you can help me I'd sure appreciate it!

P.S. It has to be a free download!!

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Poverty Acres, North Carolina
Visit site
PennRailRoads are you using a Mac or PC ? What kind of OS (Windows 95, 98 etc.)??? If you are using a Windows OS under accessories there is a program called Paint that will let you do the basics you metioned, it doesn't have many bells and whistles but you can save to jpeg and shrink and a few other things.

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
Hi PenRR,
Topo is right on the button with Paint Shop Pro (PSP). It's probably the most popular and powerful paint/imaging program for it's low price.
You might even find a fully functional free download of their version 4.
Version 7 is out and will do just about everything you can think of with a photo easily.

I can't live without it.

Errol

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
Northern Rivers NSW Australia
JPG photos

Penn,
If you already have your pics on your pooter, you should already be able to do this. (Unless someone else "pooterised" them and emailed/CD burnt them or something.

When "editing" or creating your pics, when you "save as" you will see a little box under where you type the pic name. drop the list box down, and you will see different "filetype". Select .JPG and then click "save". Bob's your Uncle! Done.:cool:

PennRailroads, in the off-chance you're using a Mac (OS 8.x-OS X 10.1x), a shareware program called Graphic Converter will do what you want. It's available on most of the freebie CD-Rom's that come with the magazines as well as on virtually every Mac-oriented web site.

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Pennrailroads
If you can get hold of Paint shop pro 7, it has the facility to do “Batch Conversion” from any given known file name to what ever you wish, including jpg. It has all the facilities you will ever need. I use it every day for all my photo work.

Shamus