Trying to find a program online!

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by PennRailRoads, Jul 18, 2002.

1. PennRailRoads

PennRailRoads Member

Hey fellas,

Can you help me out here? I'm trying to look for a program that can convert my pictures into jpg's and such plus to reduce the image a little. I did have a program that did that and after I reinstalled eveything in the computer I lost it. If you can help me I'd sure appreciate it!

P.S. It has to be a free download!!
  2. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

PennRailRoads are you using a Mac or PC ? What kind of OS (Windows 95, 98 etc.)??? If you are using a Windows OS under accessories there is a program called Paint that will let you do the basics you metioned, it doesn't have many bells and whistles but you can save to jpeg and shrink and a few other things.
  3. Vic

Vic Active Member

Hi Penn,

Type in image editing in the search block.

Tons of downloads and trials there.
  4. Topo

Topo Member

5. kettlestack

kettlestack Member

Hi PenRR,
    Topo is right on the button with Paint Shop Pro (PSP). It's probably the most popular and powerful paint/imaging program for it's low price.
    You might even find a fully functional free download of their version 4.
    Version 7 is out and will do just about everything you can think of with a photo easily.

I can't live without it.

6. Woodie

Woodie Active Member

JPG photos

If you already have your pics on your pooter, you should already be able to do this. (Unless someone else "pooterised" them and emailed/CD burnt them or something.

When "editing" or creating your pics, when you "save as" you will see a little box under where you type the pic name. drop the list box down, and you will see different "filetype". Select .JPG and then click "save". Bob's your Uncle! Done.:cool:
  7. BDC

BDC Member

Re: JPG photos

I had to laugh when reading your reply. Pics on you pooter sounds like you had a graphic tattooed on your derriere. I can just picture a guys dropping his pants in public and telling everyone "Take a look at my F7!" :D
  8. PennRailroads, in the off-chance you're using a Mac (OS 8.x-OS X 10.1x), a shareware program called Graphic Converter will do what you want. It's available on most of the freebie CD-Rom's that come with the magazines as well as on virtually every Mac-oriented web site.
  9. BNSFC449W

BNSFC449W Member

have you tried Kazaa?
  10. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Hi Pennrailroads
    If you can get hold of Paint shop pro 7, it has the facility to do “Batch Conversion” from any given known file name to what ever you wish, including jpg. It has all the facilities you will ever need. I use it every day for all my photo work.

11. Thortrains

Thortrains Member

You can download free full-features photo editor and full features web page maker at
  12. kf4jqd

kf4jqd Active Member

Hi Pennrailroad:

I use Micrografx to change my pictures. I can change a jpeg to anything I want. Or the other way around!

If you can't find anything you like on the web. Email me your name address. I would burn and send you a copy.

13. PennRailRoads

PennRailRoads Member

Thanks for all the help guys!