TrainPlayer Deluxe 2.24

Chanda

Aug 25, 2006
Pahrump, Nevada
Has anyone tried the TrainPlayer game of railroading. ? I just recieved an e-mail and it is only $ 39.95 for the Deluxe , regular price is $ 59.95. It looks as though you would get a good feel for switching but I'm not sure it is worth the $ 39.95:wave:

Chandler

LoudMusic

Jul 21, 2006
I've played with the demo. Seems interesting, but I'm not willing to shell out even $30 for the non-Deluxe version.

What about 3rd PlanIt? Anyone using that? I like that it's 3D and it appears the camera can be panned around the room at eye level and such.

I'd really find it entertaining to have a networkable 'train player' type program. Where a large layout can be designed and then people can operate the same layout together. Maybe even have DCC integration to control real model trains later.

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
We just had a demo of Trainz a couple of weeks ago at www.ovar.ca. Amazing program. All-inclusive version is CAN$30. Has all kinds of "layouts", inlcuding the Toronto Rail Lands circa 1954. That scenario alone has 85 km of track, about 1000 turnouts, and 1000 signals. Plus you can create your own layout with the built-in tools.

Apparently it was Trainz that made Microsoft give up on Train Simulator...

Andrew