Train Wreck

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by Fred_M, Feb 20, 2004.

1. Fred_M

Fred_M Guest

Well, we had a bad one today. The southbound intermodal and northbound extra collided during passing. The accident is being blamed on excessive speed. FRED

Attached Files:

2. interurban

interurban Active Member

:( Any little people hurt:(
  3. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

Chris. Would you like me to run my crane over?
  4. interurban

interurban Active Member

Yes please Dick I think Fred needs all the help he can get!!!:D
  5. George D

George D Member

What are all the cars doing in the parking lot to the right? Do they belong to the lawyers?:) :)

6. rockislandmike

rockislandmike Active Member

Darned good thing for that retaining wall.
  7. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

Here 'tis

Attached Files:

8. Fred_M

Fred_M Guest

No, they are "visiting" in the upstairs apartment in the brick building to the left. Only thing hurt was some bushes got uprooted. And thanks for the offer of the crane. My railroads poor and we don't have one and ATSF wanted real money for us to use theirs. One of the trailers had a load of toilet paper and it's everywhere. FRED:)
  9. billk

billk Active Member

Stop putting 1:1 scale pennies on the rails. :D
  10. belg

belg Member

Are you sure there is no operator error attached to that excessive speed?:D That clean up is going to shut down those rails for quite a while. Pat
  11. Fred_M

Fred_M Guest

All accidents are operator errors. Just ask any saftey manager. FRED
  12. Fred_M

Fred_M Guest

We got the mains back open. So I guess we will be back next week. FRED

Attached Files:

• open.jpg
      File size:
      67.2 KB
  13. Mike Naime

Mike Naime New Member

Thanks for sharing! I love the Graffiti on the trailer. It reminds me that I need to try and hit the dollar store tomorrow.
  14. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

excessive speed EH!
    So what preventive action is being done now that the line is open again.
  15. Flangehead

Flangehead Member

We had a wreck like that a little while back.
    The cause was violation of rule G!
    Or so I'm told.
  16. rcwatkins

rcwatkins Member

I'm sure glad that you have cleaned up the track so you don't delay the RR. ;)
  17. Climax1880

Climax1880 Member

I think that the wreck was caused by that strange looking object laying alongside the track near the yellow truck. What is that thing? It's probably something that fell off of an 18-wheeler. You know how careless these truckers are:D :D :D

This doesn't have anything to do with "The Box" does it???

Glad that things are all cleared up, and keep on keepin on.
  18. Fred_M

Fred_M Guest

I think the item you are asking about is a push pin. FRED
  19. brakie

brakie Active Member

Speaking of wrecks we have a member at the club that insisted that he use live coal loads in his hopper cars..This worked will for quite some time till that one faithful Sunday afternoon..This 50 car coal drag was running along just fine until the block protection failed in his caboose and one of the dispatchers threw the switch under the train that cause a major derailment.:eek:
    Needless to say when those hoppers started turning over coal went everywhere..For the longest time Pee Pee creek(named after a real creek in Southern Ohio) was renamed Coal Creek.:cry:
    Today he uses a mix of plastic and home made coal loads instead of live loads.:D
  20. Fred_M

Fred_M Guest

A simular story is I have some Tichy Ore cars that are extra light so I filled then with sand and the ran fine until the fateful day they derailed in front of visitors and sand went everywhere, including the parralell tracks where another pair of locos were hammering the other way. I had to vacum up the mess and tear down and clean two Athearn units that had their mechanisms full of sand. The tichy ore cars are now scenery on a siding. :oops: At least it was a cool and realistic wreck. FRED