traffic lights

Discussion in 'Scratchin' & Bashin'' started by ic&e_modeler, Apr 17, 2005.

1. ic&e_modeler

ic&e_modeler New Member

i was just wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to make ho scale traffic lights. i notiched that the march 2005 on pelle soeborgs ho scale layout of the up in the mojave desert he had some traffic lights through his town. i think i could use pipe and leds to make it but if somone had an idea it would really help me in my layout building. :confused:
  2. rcline

rcline Member

Hello ic&e -- first you can start by going to this site to learn about flashing circuits,
    then you can let your mind go wild. Also do a search for Mouser Electronics and there you can buy small (T-1, 3mm) LED's (as well as all the other parts you will need) in red green and yellow. I work in electronics and have checked a million different sites for the best prices on componets and found mouser to be the cheapest.
  3. rcline

rcline Member

Also you can do a google search for ho scale traffic lights and find several different places that sell them. I must have 200 different bookmarks on hobby supplies of all sorts. Best of luck!!
  4. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

5. rcline

rcline Member

Val -- that is a pretty cool site, I was wondering when someone would start making them instead of me having to make all my own!!!! You did it again you sweet lady!
  6. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

My pleasure Randy!! I have that site bookmarked becuase I want to get some of those one of these days. :D

7. rcline

rcline Member

Val I did the same thing tonight. My same thought, someday!!
    Just in case you might be wondering what I do for a living, (from all the different post that I have placed) some people think, no way can he do all that stuff.
    Anyway , here is mine and my brothers new web site, I think that you will like it.
  8. jim currie

jim currie Active Member