To Boldly go.... Wait! I've been here before....

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
Jun 24, 2014
Johannesburg, South Africa
Before we can split anymore infinities, and after the misfire that was my Mutara Nebula re-creation it's to reveal my next build.

I'm revisiting the USS Enterprise A 1:400 that I rebuilt a while ago. Sadly that one took quite a bit of damage (found out later the ex put it in a position where my then 5 year old could get to it....) and I ended up stripping for parts.

So, older and wiser I'm giving it another go. I've learned a lot, especially when it comes to lighting since then so watch this space :)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
I am looking forward to seeing this build! I wish you the very best of luck with the build!!!

I fully understand to full destructive power of children. While I was in the middle of beta test building a model for a designer, (while I was with my third ex-wife), we had company (my ex-wife's work colleague, her husband and 7 year old son) over for dinner. After showing our company my hobby and I had returned to finish cooking dinner, the mother took her child back into my office and gave the 7 year old a few of the models that I had built, to include the model that I was currently working on. Needless to say, he destroyed all of them. Needless to say, I was pissed off. What made matters worse, is that both my ex-wife and the mother, had the attitude, of "they were just paper models. It's really no big deal". The destruction set to deadline for the release back about a month.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
With the knowledge you have today I'm sure this build will even be better that the previous one. At least you know that the parts fit. ;) :)

Reactions: zathros

mtrappett

Mar 3, 2013
Santa Clarita, California
I am looking forward to seeing this build! I wish you the very best of luck with the build!!!

I fully understand to full destructive power of children. While I was in the middle of beta test building a model for a designer, (while I was with my third ex-wife), we had company (my ex-wife's work colleague, her husband and 7 year old son) over for dinner. After showing our company my hobby and I had returned to finish cooking dinner, the mother took her child back into my office and gave the 7 year old a few of the models that I had built, to include the model that I was currently working on. Needless to say, he destroyed all of them. Needless to say, I was pissed off. What made matters worse, is that both my ex-wife and the mother, had the attitude, of "they were just paper models. It's really no big deal". The destruction set to deadline for the release back about a month.
Oooooooooooooooooow!! Now that would be something that would be hard for me to handle! :headbange::fight::exterminate:

Reactions: Rhaven Blaack

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
My wife doesn't mind me builing models but she always ends up usping thr area I set up. Maybe that's saying something, but when you don't have everything at hand, it becomes a chore.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cybergrinder

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Every time I read
the title of this thread
I think it's about
taking a dump. :mooner:

Reactions: Cybergrinder

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
Jun 24, 2014
Johannesburg, South Africa
I was able to get a fair bit done

Here;s the top of the bussard collector

IMG_20200110_202447.jpg

Test fit of the top

IMG_20200111_135100.jpg

The nacelles sides ready to go

IMG_20200110_212737.jpg

And attached. The hole is for the blue LED that sits at the top

IMG_20200111_153642.jpg

And the stern bit
IMG_20200111_175737.jpg

Now, between Murphy and the instructions I went and built the port nacelle and the starboard rear part.... :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

For now I'm concentrating on getting the LED position and wiring right.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
You've heard of "Murphy's Law" right? :)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
In all honesty, it's the person after me that is boldly going. :)