Tips for powering these turnouts

prodigy2k7

Dec 17, 2006
Everyone says for DCC (im in HO scale) to solder everything to something..or something like that...

What about a lot of turnouts together? Do I wire feeders to all the turnouts? I dont realyl want to solder them together... Mabe solder 2 together? How do I make a good power connection for all of these
(not to mention easy to glue down; more than 2 turnouts i assume are hard to laydown perfectly on glue)
Note: the empty space in the middle is for flex track to fit in (straight track)

power.PNG

radar

Jan 14, 2007
wichita , KS
put your "feeders" at the point end of the turnouts "The end of tunout that moves" be carefull gluing down that you don't glue the moving part of the turnout! you might get a pack of atlas track nails for turnouts but then you need a small drill bit #63 and a "pin vice"

Jim Krause

Apr 7, 2005
Polson, MT
Drilling holes in the chip board makes it easier to get the nails into a hard substance. Less hammering and less chance of damage to the ties or rail.

radar

Jan 14, 2007
wichita , KS
It will be hard to "push" the nail into the OSB table top you don't really want to use a hammer could hit the rail! BAD THING you might use a nail set but as you grow in your modeling the drill bit and pin vice come in real Handy PS I type s l o w

nhguy

May 14, 2003
Sugar City,Colorado
rides.webshots.com
Remember, If you are going to put the railroad into' Power Districts' or signalling down the road, now is the best time to use insulators to isolate them. With 'dead frog' turnouts you can put the feeders anywhere along the outside rails. It will still get the power to where it needs to go with the point fed turnouts.

prodigy2k7

Dec 17, 2006
atlas under table switch machines, already got 2 under there, just need to wire them...they are a pain in the but to get on just right...but are awesome