Thought I'd join the party.

MadModeler

May 20, 2006
Hi there. Just joined this forum and thought I would say 'Hello'.:wave:

Been out of the modeling for a while but I am brushing off my tools and starting with a whole slew of ideas I've got for a train set. I've made a few HO models already (some camping equipment and an outhouse) and I look forward to expanding and challenging my skills. About 15 years ago, I helped a buddy wire up a N scale set for his Christmas tree and it looked great! The easy part was the street and building lights. :) The difficult challenge was wiring the Christmas lights on the tree in front of his post office which took almost 4 hours to get it just right! (N Scale tree with grain of sand bulbs. I had to use a transformer to decrease the voltage even more as the lights' scale brightness was too much.) My preference is HO but I'm going to try my hand at other scales. I got started with the plastic car and ship kits (20th Century warships and passenger liners) when I was 10 and expanded into train models.
Looking forward to sharing ideas and info with you folks.

MadModeler

May 20, 2006
Thanks folks! I'm already getting some really neat ideas and my wife is very impressed with this site.

farmer ron

Jan 18, 2002
B.C., canada
Visit site
Welcome to the Guage, been here a while myself and you will not find a friendlier group of people with such a wealth of information, if you can't find out what your after just ask and someone will always step forward and help you out.this is a great site and again welcome ..Ron..