The Uhu02 appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by ThunderChild, May 8, 2010.

1. daishi

daishi Member

I just saw a build of uhu02's Aquarius landing module template on the Moson Modell Show in Hungary (dunno who is the builder .. but I'm sure I will know once it wins the gold :) ) ... and ... :jawdrop:.

I mean I saw the pics and everything, but it doesn't make you appreciate it fully!
    I personally like to make organic shaped models figures that I can work with my fingers rather than the precise/ultra-detailed tweezers/scalpel type paper models, but I think I can appreciate the skill level that is required for this.

Great templates and great builds! And you are an AWESOME guy for sharing. Thx!
    1CarlosGonzalez, Tonino and DanBKing like this.
  2. Tonino

Tonino Member

I'm just building that one right now and can assure that the way this model is designed is pure joy when you put every little piece of it and see that the fit is so perfect that almost no correction is necessary. I'm enjoying every second I spend on this work and, I repeat, everytime I stop and look at what is growing under my hands... no other way to say: pure joy! :D
    zathros likes this.
  3. McTschegsn

McTschegsn New Member

Same to me here building the SHADO Interceptor. I am amazed how perfect the curved parts are made. A pure joy, even if the building experience (like mine) is limited.
    zathros likes this.
  4. McTschegsn

McTschegsn New Member

Thank you Uhu for providing such a marvellous model as the SHADO Interceptor. Here is mine :) Keep up the awesome work!!!
    InterceptorG1.jpg InterceptorG2.jpg InterceptorG8.jpg InterceptorG9.jpg
  5. spaceagent-9

spaceagent-9 Right Hand Man and Confidant

fantastic job on a really fantastic model!!
  6. Ken Spriggs

Ken Spriggs New Member

As so many others have said, you are an amazing artisan uhu 02! Your models are nothing short of astounding!! I am currently building the Proteus, a long time favorite of mine from my youth. Next I will be working on the 2001 models. I am blown away by the interior you have created for the Discovery command module! Do you have any plans to make the pod bay and cockpit as well in the future (with Hal memory banks of course!)? I was also trying to locate the amazing Aries 1B and Moonbus downloads but the links aren't working. Are you going to be posting these again in the future? When I was able to access the other models I can understand why others are so protective of you and your creations. You are extremely generous for sharing you beautiful designs with us! Thank you for giving me such wondrous dreams to build!
    zathros and Revell-Fan like this.
  7. DanBKing

DanBKing Active Member

Well, I HAVE to put the Discovery in here, in honour of the master @uhu02
    What a fantastic model you produced, a beautiful template!
    I hope my build of it has done it justice.
    You have produced the makings of achieving a 42 year old dream for me. Without your superb paper engineering and design skills, my dream would still be a dream.

Thank you UHU02, Thank you!!!

upload_2015-10-20_20-28-0.png upload_2015-10-20_20-28-28.png
  8. Octoman

Octoman Member

upload_2015-10-20_20-28-0.png upload_2015-10-20_20-28-28.png
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2015
    greenelf1967 likes this.
  9. zathros

zathros SENIOR Administrator

To the .05% that seem have to forgotten, or do not read the rules, this thread is for appreciation. Send your questions to me.
    hurdygurdyguy and Ruediger like this.
  10. Joon

Joon New Member

uhu02 !! Your work is absolutely outstanding, thank you so much for sharing it!
    What an odyssey... ;-)
  11. zathros

READ the Message below. ;)
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
  12. zathros

:loudspeaker:UHU's has been changed the way to access his Llibrary.:frak: I know it, but need to hear from him when or how he wishes to release it. :violin:
    Don't P.M. me :stop: because I will not give it to you no matter who you are.:finger::ass-kicking:

I am hoping:bowdown::bowdown: UHUO2 :bowdown::bowdown: makes one of his wonderful posts explaining the manner that shall be used to announce it. So don't P.M. me with any questions! The "Gatekeeper" has delivered the message. :flag:
  13. Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan Co-Administrator Administrator

:loudspeaker: Attention: I have reported the last three posts. This thread is for appreciation only. A discussion on ebay sellers, piracy etc does not belong here. So please do not post anything further here. I have also reported this post because this one does not belong in this thread, too.
    hurdygurdyguy likes this.
  14. zathros

Listen guys, UHU had to put a new password in his website just to try and slow down the pilfering going on. You would think that these people doing all of the pilfering would be making the models, but they aren't. So a new password was necessary.

Now that this new password has been given, please, be smart about it. After all, have to change to a new password every time people abuse what was the old one is a pain in the butt. So it's out, it's here, be smart. If you do decipher the new password, then get the model from his website. Thanks.
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
    dtiger1138, Buglord, Will J. and 8 others like this.
  15. DJPinter

DJPinter Trusted Confidant

Thanks UHU for finally allowing access to your library. You'll keep me busy for a loooong time. I might as well get stock in a paper, glue, and X-Acto companies.
  16. zathros

Please. No P.M.'s. I won't answer them. It's right in front of you, in the post I made (post number #414). :)
  17. Tonino

Tonino Member

18. apaperworker

apaperworker New Member

The alien star people from Message from Space. Hilarious. Uhu02, I love your choice of subjects.
  19. sgoti

sgoti Member

UHU02, a big THANK YOU for once again making your library available!
  20. baskerbosse

baskerbosse New Member

Those are some excellent models!
    Thank you for making them available! I will definitely try the 2001 EVA Pod
    ****************************************** edited by Zathros
    I love those 2001 Space Odyssey ships!
    The Orion is beautiful! (Space station and Discovery probably over my capabilities, but I have put them aside for later, if my skills increase)

Again, Thank you!
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2016