The Uhu02 appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by ThunderChild, May 8, 2010.

1. Maverick65

Maverick65 Member

Uhu, thanks for your two newest releases, the viper is way cool. I hope that I can build it to your satisfaction someday.
  2. ASC Mclaren

ASC Mclaren Member

Thank you once again! You are a master designer!
  3. seti51

seti51 New Member

I am going to start on the 2001 space wheel. But it is going to be a what if build. I have the ISS kit from AXM and will be building 2 ISS kits and attaching them to each side of the wheels. Should be interesting build. Will post pics as the process develops. Estimate build time of 6 months plus.
  4. seti51

seti51 New Member

Thank you UHU 02 for the wonderful models and for being so very generous in sharing them with fellow modellers. I wish my mind worked like yours. You are truly gifted and I appreciate the gifts of these models. They are not for the faint hearted, but genuine treasures. Thank you.
    Ken Spriggs likes this.
  5. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

This sounds like it is going to be an interesting project.
    Are you going to post a build thread?
    I think that both the SCI-FI guys and the REAL SPACE guys will be taking a close look at such a thread.
    I am looking forward to seeing this project.
  6. Cforrest900

Cforrest900 Member

Lisac how did you print that out? was it just on larger paper?
  7. Pheebs28

Pheebs28 New Member

UHU02 models are fantastic and challenging.
    Here are some of my builds of his models.

Attached Files:

8. walid009

walid009 Member

i am jealous ...i want one.Hope i will get this model sommeday
  9. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

You did a FANTSTIC job on all three of these models! Thank you for sharing your work with us. I am looking forward to seeing more of it!
  10. Rogerio Silva

Rogerio Silva Active Member

Great pic, great builds!
  11. Octoman

Octoman Member

Holy cow!

I just looked over this thread and I gotta say...Wow!!!

I'm new here (like brand new) and this is the first thread I looked over and I have NEVER seen models of this quality and detail before. I'm completely blown always!

Don't know what else to say other than I can't wait to build them. I noticed some sticky on "The master" in a few other categories so I'm off to get the low down.

This is SUCH a great forum!

Thanks to all and especially Uhu02!

Ken Spriggs likes this.
  12. hurdygurdyguy

hurdygurdyguy New Member

An incredible model from an incredible designer! And nicely done and displayed ... I seem to be one of the frustrated by overthinking the clue to the library access ... *sigh* still trying...

However.... after another hour or so of pursuing the holy grail I was successful!!! Ahhhh.... What was obvious to many was not obvious on my screen as I did not have the "key.jpg" to see but, diligence paid off... whew... now the real work starts...building some models!!!
  13. zathros

zathros -----SENIOR---- Administrator

You got it though. You are now entrusted with a very important exclusive group. Please, keep the trust. Some artn't, and that means less modelsd available! I am Happy for you! :):thumb:
    pferris likes this.
  14. McGee

McGee Newbie

hurdygurdygy....SUPER Congrats on figuring out the front gate secret in such a timely manner. I can admit that I am one of those, who despite having been "pointed in the direction of" quite awhile back, in subtle ways, spent over a month off and on....(waaay more ON), and it took me FOREEEEEVER and 17 years to figure it out...but alas.....YEEsh. It's awesome that you will be able to get to build his masterful works now.
  15. JJD

JJD New Member

A big thanks again to uhu02!! Outstanding...... amazing..... not much seems to adequately describe his efforts!!

After a long time printing and procrastinating, I am salivating at the thought of the Lunar Module. With luck I'll finally start on my first build thread!

Quick question.... anyone know, or is there anywhere I can convert "thicknesses" to "gsm"? (most specifically 0.21mm to gsm?) Most paper types that I can lay my hands on here in Oz are listed in grams per square metre.

And after a bit of searching around I found the following link helpful, so others might too......
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
    Rhaven Blaack likes this.
  16. DanBKing

DanBKing Active Member

UHU02 seems to use 160 gsm on all his models.
  17. JJD

JJD New Member

Thanks DBK :)
  18. mspacemike

mspacemike New Member

Really appreciate the images from the builders and the wonderful work from UHU. Thanks.
  19. Maverick65

Maverick65 Member

For those of you haven't noticed yet Uhu has finished his design &test build of the Apollo 13 Luner Lander he has been working on. It now available for download at his site. What a beautiful work of art. It is hard to tell it is made out of paper by just looking at it. I am in awe of his attention to detail he puts into all his projects.

Thank you Uhu for sharing your tallents & projects with us. You are trully a master craftsman.

Deepest respects,
  20. zathros

zathros -----SENIOR---- Administrator

Grab it while you can, after it's locked up in his Library, it will be very hard to get. If anyone has ANY questions, send Rhaven or me a P.M., but post nothing, absolutely nothing, in this thread. The model is up, and it's beautiful!! :)

Ken Spriggs and Tonino like this.