The Shark

rockislandmike

Nov 6, 2001
Edmonton AB
dayfornight.qazam.com
So I ungeared this unit so it could function as a dummy engine on my layout. But now I'm looking at it, thinking MAN these Baldwin Sharknoses look damned fine !!!!

But then I look at it again and sigh - the Rock never owned any, and it's unnumbered anyways. If I'm going to leave it as is, I really need to print some road number decals and apply them - and since I don't have an ALPS, they'd have to be in off-white, or yellow, or perhaps even, ack, black.

So here are my options, let me know what you think :

(1) repaint the Shark in a livery that it would have been found in prototypically - near as I can tell, that would limit me to eastern railroads, which wouldn't really fit in.

(2) repaint the Shark in a custom livery for one of my home-grown railroads - likely either Heather Valley, or J. Clarke Leasing.

(3) make a road number decal, and leave it operating for the ROCK (which I hear is a "mighty fine line")

(4) other options ????

Gary Pfeil

May 7, 2001
Boonton NJ
Visit site
If you want to go the road # route but can't print white, why not just buy a decal number set, or a RI diesel set and figure a number which may have been used "if"? Am I to understand the unit was painted RI but not numbered? Seems odd.

Gary