The original cardboard/business card structures?

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by Tyson Rayles, Dec 22, 2002.

1. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

With all the great things being done my modelers here with cardboard of some type or other thought I'd see if anybody remembers these. :)

Attached Files:

• ahm1.jpg
      File size:
      47.9 KB
  2. Tyson Rayles

Here it is fully open

Attached Files:

• ahm3.jpg
      File size:
      51.8 KB
  3. davidstrains

davidstrains Active Member

Haven't seen that in years. I still may have one tucked away in my HO boxes in storage.:)
  4. Vic

Vic Active Member

Hey Tyson, Shades of Woolworth's Five and Dime or as we called it here....A 10 cent store!!!... (pronounced "tin-cin-sto") The one here always had a good selection of AHM stuff!!! back in the 60's....I remember those!!:) I seem to recall that there were several different ones. :)

Also Whitman Publishing had a series of "Wild West" "punch out" books that you could make a western town from. They were somewhere between HO and N scale but looked ok if you put the toward the back of the layout.:) :D In fact I sold a set of them on eBay last year for some pretty good bucks!:)

Thanks my friend for bringing back a good memory!!!:) :D
  5. Tyson Rayles

Your welcome Vic, for the record this one is dated 1974. :)
  6. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Very cool, Tyson!
    I do remember those...when I was a kid, I helped one of my friends who had an HO train set, put some of those together...I remember we used about a gallon of Elmer's to put together three little buildings, & then plopped 'em down on the plywood! :D

Around here, there was Roses', & Woolworth' didn't matter which one you went to...they were both called "the dime store"! :)
  7. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

I hate to admit it, but I've got AHM 1930's town, $1.98 too :D :D :D