The moderator squeeks

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Charlie

I read all your comments especially the ones on the types of models I have never attempted, and on a limited budget, your comments are a great starting point.

barry

Leif Oh

Jan 27, 2004
Goteborg, Sweden
For what it's worth I like personal reviews, the kind of thing where people tell you things they really feel for positively (while still, in a civilized and courteous way, noting less attractive features).

Don't take this the wrong way - because I really like the initiative to make reviews at all! - but the kind of very formalized reviews being done now are kind of bloodless, aren't they? You can almost feel the need to tick off all aspects, which makes the reviews just a little bit boring to read.

What I would like to know, and get the feeling of, is why the reviewer felt a particular kit was worth reviewing. Was it because it was his or her favourite subject; in which case did the kit live up to his/her expectations? Was it because it was such a darned good and detailed kit; in which case, does the reviewer get a real urge also to build it? Was it because it is historically interesting? (Yes, a kit can be historically interesting in itself, mirroring a particular stage in the rapid development of cardmodel kits).

And it would be very nice always to have a small pic of the front page, plus an excerpt from the kit, showing the level of detail and print quality, perhaps also an excerpt of the illustrations in the instructions (computer made, hand-drawn, etc.)

Anything to put a little bit of blood into the reviews, please. And please, do not get discouraged, but let's develop this useful and fruitful forum into something which you gladly throw yourself over, first thing, when a new item appears.

Leif