The layout I made from The Box

csxnscale

May 9, 2002
Belgium
Visit site
Great, wish I could come that close.

And feel the same about trees, need more,more,more.
Also feel the same about DPM kits painting.
But they are nice kits, at least I feel, but hard to paint the windows and doors (where is me glasses?)

Paul

jawatkins

Aug 21, 2003
Allen, TX
Visit site
Looks like you really have taken the bull by the tail - what a fantastic layout. Love the scenery and buildings. You must have really been "in the zone". Can't wait to see the finished product - but then, are they ever really finished?

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Errol,
Good to hear from you again, old friend!
The layout is looking SUPER!!
The scenery & structures are really coming together!
A real masteroiece!
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
WOW!

Wow Errol - that looks fantastic. I'm glad I was able to inspire you, but you sure took it further than I ever would have thought.

Let's see, what would I like to have for sale in my store? How about a bookstore? Or maybe, going the other way, Spitfire's Bar & Grill.

cheers
Val

Gary Pfeil

May 7, 2001
Boonton NJ
Visit site
Errol, your layout looks great! I don't venture into the N scale page too often, figuring that photos would be posted in the Photo section, but I guess I've missed a lot by doing so. Nice work!

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
Spitfire goes into business!

Judy, thanks for reminding me to go to the zoning people for a business permit.
After filling out 3 dozen forms for permission to open a Bar & Grill, a officious nosed LPB (Bless his little heart), said there was already a bar in town but there was no reason there shouldn't be a house of fine cuisine!!!
Rather than have to give up the lease, Spitfire opted for a steakhouse which also sells fine wine (ahem :rolleyes: ).
Already she managed to find a Russian Commisar to greet patrons and has just taken delivery of a cartload of wine! All that's needed now is some enterprising deal for the supply of steaks (are you listening Robin?).

By the way, Jon lent me some of his "dip" for the civil servant at the zoning dept. There is now a staff vacancy there! Man, Spitfire sure knows how to "get even" with LPB's :D :D :D

Errol

Attachments

• spitfire's steakhousejpg.jpg
    spitfire's steakhousejpg.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 213

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
A thriving business Errol. You can tell Spitfire the beef is on the way. Prime rib and all the steak you can eat with some dry ribs as an appetizer.
Nice modeling friend.

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Excellent work Errol! I'm very pleased to have this fine establishment in your town. I really like what you did with the graphics for the sign. Very professional indeed!

Robin, when you send the beef for the restaurant, I'll take a side order for the BBQ as well.

Hmm, on second thought, maybe I better wait a bit for that last order.

cheers
Val

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
Spitfire's Steak House seems to be a success. Empty streets on a Friday night? ... yeppers, everyone is dining in style at Spitfire's!!
It seems to be a toss-up between whether it's Robin's certified Angus steaks or the wine that's the big attraction :) .

Gary, I know what you mean by not going to other scales. I've perused posts in scales I'm not really into and have been inspired by some of the things I'd missed.

Errol

Attachments

• spitfire's at night.jpg
    spitfire's at night.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 157

SD70BNSF

Aug 11, 2003
St. Louis, MO
Visit site
Great Scene and Question

Great scene and model, but I am embarrased (a little, but not two much) about the following question:

What does LPB stand for? I think I figured out Little People (B?) or Little Plastic (Beauties?). Can someone pride a code breakdown. I also see some LP? for workers and other things.

Sorry,

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
LPB = Little Plastic Bxxxxxds/Beauties/Beings/Brats/Boys/...or whatever else B could or would stand for. In my case it stood for Boss...how else could I afford the trip to Scotland, to dine on steak and wine?:D :D :D
Pete

OK, OK, Bankrobber would also do it :D

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
A great night shot Errol. I guess the price of beef is still low due to the "mad cow" thing that only got one cow but Japan and the US stopped the shipping of Canadian beef so we gave Spitfire a real good price so customers would flock in to get a bargain. Not sure about the price of wine though because governments tax wine, beer and booze so much.