The Continuing saga of the LC&P

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by steamhead, Feb 12, 2007.

1. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

Picking up where we left off, here are some pics of the gorge and bridge (to be) at the foot of the El Diablo mine. The area below and behind the bridge is as finished as it's going to get, the gorge still needs a little work.

Comments and suggestions always welcome.

Here we go...

I placed wire screen and paper towels/plaster to form the "valley" between the higher and lower tracks.

Started with the first coats of washes and ground cover.

Attached Files:

2. Cannonball

Cannonball More Trains Than Brains

Wow! :eek:
    That is amazing work!
  3. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

Some more...

The bridge is not set in place yet. It's just there for looks..

The next step is to set the bridge and finish laying track in this area.
    And then get back to RUNNING SOME TRAINS...!!!

Attached Files:

4. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

I just noticed something funny about that hopper in the 4th. and 5th. pictures (of the first set). Whoever identifies it gets a booby prize...
  5. berraf

berraf Member

There´s nothing like a real mountain :)
    Really nice work you have done.
    I don´t know what a booby price is so I´m not sure if I want it, but a wild guess about the hopper is that it´s beside the track ;)

Picture three in your second upload is just great with those sweeping curves trough the canyon :)
  6. cnw1961

cnw1961 Member

Gus, you’ve done a great job on those rocks, they are awesome. I love that gorge. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  7. MilesWestern

MilesWestern Active Member

Always happy to see progress on this layout! Keep on with the progress! I'm a big fan of your layout!
  8. CCT70

CCT70 Member

Looks like the outlet gate under the middle of the hopper fell off.

Keep the prize though, I'll just take the boobie. :D
  9. Nazgul

Nazgul Active Member

Every time I see progress pics (not nearly often enough) It keeps getting better and better. Great rock-work, color, varied and interesting elevations and land features! You are doing a superb job just need to keep it up:) (and post more often):D
    :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  10. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

Thanks for your comments, guys. They're greatly appreciated and motivating to keep plugging away. It's just there's some much to do & so little time...My plan is to get this area joined to the rest of the layout and then move on to the center peninsula

I'll probably keep doing some scenery as I build the peninsula, particularly in the small yard, as I've got a gorgeous engine house that's just aching to be set on the layout.

Thanks again, y'all...

Tom, close but no cigar....
  11. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

Gus:wave:, WOW!!!:eek: thats some TRULY AWESOME WORK you have done there!:thumb: :thumb:. the WHOLE PACKAGE REALLY LOOKS GREAT!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: THANKS!!!:D-Deano
  12. Jim Krause

Jim Krause Active Member

Great improvements since the time that the bridge was sitting on a piece of wood, over a plywood canyon. Keep it up.
  13. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

Hi guys,

A couple more (more like 3) that are kind of neat:bird's eye view of this scene. Also a pic of that engine house I mentioned before
    Hope you like'em...:D

Attached Files:

14. viperman

viperman Active Member

Awesome scenery, love the canyon with the tracks