test photo posting

Shay2

Feb 12, 2001
Ohio, USA
trainster.20m.com
Hey Virginian,
Unfortunately, you can't directly transfer a photo from you computer to this site.
First you need to send (upload) your photo to a web hosting site then access them, here.
There are several sites that allow "image hosting" for free. That is, they will let you go to their site, uplaod your photo's and then when you come to this site, all you do is type in the html code (http://...)to have The Gauge system know where it is.
Personally, I just want to be able to access my web site so I don't use the image hosting sites much.
I'm sure someone here will give you suggestions on what sites are easiest to use. I know Shamus has a couple he uses.
I'll check back tomorrow to see who's answered this thread. In the meantime, do a web search and type in "free image hosting", you'll find several to choose from.
I'll do the same and we can compare notes tomorrow. I like the KISS system so thats what I'll look into.

If you click on the "edit" button at the top of the photo reply below, you'll see the code I needed to type to access my pic I uploaded to Honesty.com a few minutes ago.
Rich

------------------
Rush Run River Logging Co.

[This message has been edited by Shay2 (edited 03-16-2001).]

Shay2

Feb 12, 2001
Ohio, USA
trainster.20m.com
Ok, Virginian, you can try trainorders.com
for image hosting...I'm still looking.

30170144.gif

This image is through Honesty.com

Rich

------------------
Rush Run River Logging Co.

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Virginian, even if you had a website, using <> wouldn't work, you have to use [] instead. Go to Trainorders, and sign up for a 3meg website, it's free. Then you can upload your photo's from your harddrive and then post them in here from trainorders.

[This message has been edited by shamus (edited 03-17-2001).]

Virginian

Jan 27, 2001
Santa Rosa, Ca.
Visit site
thanks Rich and shamus,
will do
biggrin.gif

Look for another loco test soon!
VGN
cool.gif
(almost, the sun's just startin' to show over Taylor Mountain)

[This message has been edited by Virginian (edited 03-17-2001).]