Tank Town Colorado

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by Locobreath, Aug 24, 2004.

1. Locobreath

Locobreath Member

Tank Town, Colorado

Here is my version of a small, fictitious town in Southern Colorado. The town grew around a water tank used by the small railroads in the area. And the rest is history.

2. Locobreath

Locobreath Member

Tank Town, Colorado at Night

The pungent smell of wild sage fills the chilly night air.

3. Wyomingite

Wyomingite Member

Very nice. I can smell the sagebrush from here.

Ron :thumb: :wave:
  4. TrainClown

TrainClown Member

That's a real nice model ya got there! I like those old buildings and that era. What gauge is it? I would lke to see one or some of your engines. How about a close-up of the town?

TrainClown ;)
  5. Iron Goat

Iron Goat Member

LOCOBREATH.... Both your modeling and photography is fantastic ! Thanks for sharing.

WYOMINGITE.... That fabulous irregular "muley" is a great avatar !

6. Woodie

Woodie Active Member

But where's all dem petticoats hangin' over the tank? And Uncle Joe, and Billy Jo and Bobby Jo and Betty Jo? And is that Sam Drucker I see hiding inside his store? :p :rolleyes: :D
  7. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Member

Great Job! Love the night photos. Been so hot lately, be hard to resist goin' for a dip in the water tank.

8. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Very nice work and great pics :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  9. Locobreath

Locobreath Member

Thanks guys.

TrainClown:The models are all HO. Tank Town is staged on a table top with sand paper as ground. I made the trees,the fence, the back drop was done by photoshop. I didn't take any close-ups, sorry.

In the past two months I posted shots of my 2 engines, a shay and a heisler.

Woodie: I think you are confusing Tank Town, Colorado with Petti-Coat Junction, Mate. This is 'Old Colorado' where men are men and woman are...?

"Der ain't no Bobby Jo's and Billy Rays out here. But we got Square-Jawed Jake, Bulldog Hiram and Snake-Eyed Pete. We eat meat three times a day and der ain't no godless vegetarians to be seen. No siree." :) :) :)
  10. Livesteam

Livesteam Member

Very nice, i love that old style look.