Talk about a rare HO piece!! wow..

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by CSX2342, Jun 4, 2007.

1. MarcO

MarcO Member

This is too funny. I was just down in my dads basement new years day looking for trains to fix. He has 2-3 of these in brand new perfect cartons from when he worked at NBC in NYC.
    Its a Lionel HO switcher and yes it says AEC and has a little atom-whirl on it, and yes it has a piece of paper glued on it. I dont recall exactly what it said but it a piece of wood with a switch and its advertising the switch in the name of the station. I wish the ebay linked still worked so I could see that ebay ad.
    Next time im down there all get you some pics.
  2. Art Decko

Art Decko Member

Next time you're down there ... ?

For $44,000 I think I would be pulling into Dad's driveway right about now.
    With a digital camera and some professional lighting equipment. And a big bottle of something for Dad.

3. MarcO

MarcO Member

If that $22G story is true you'll be seeing them on ebay soon. Wish I had more info on how to marketing it on ebay. Anybody know what catagory it was in?
  4. CRed

CRed Member

I believe it would go like this...

Toys & Hobbies-Model Trains-OScale-Lionel

5. Squidbait

Squidbait Recovering ALCO-holic

Kinda. Since it's HO, you probably wouldn't put it in the O scale section. ;) :p

The other thing is that it probably has more value as an NBC collectible than as a Lionel HO piece (since they have little to no collectible value - at least to anyone with any sense. It's like having a "collectible" Tyco car :p ), it might be better off in the Collectibles section.
  6. CRed

CRed Member

Yeah I goofed,I hear Lionel and I automatically think O-Scale.Their HO stuff is pretty much junk anyways.