Syr. Train Show

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by wortchillergoal, Nov 3, 2003.

1. The first weekend of Nov every year brings the CNY Train show at our state fairgrounds. It is a big show that fills two of the grounds biggest halls.

I look forward to it every year. It has gotten better as now that I am a father with a son. He is 4 and loves his trains. We spent four hours at the show today. I think that is pretty good for an autistic child. We have a grate time taking in all the wonderful layouts and people. He seems to have a thing for the NYC. I find that amazing as his great-great grandfather was an engineer for that line. The only disappointment was that a couple of exhibitors that had American Flyer and Lionel at kid level with all the beels and whistles to play with were not there this year. We still had a great time.

I go to many shows, with my boy along, and I think this is one of the best. I am now looking forward to next year.
  2. Dave Flinn

Dave Flinn Member

Syracuse Train Fair

This year was my first visit to this show, and it was HUGE. I was a bit surprised at the amount of Lionel and Large Scale stuff, in comparison to HO etc., but that's not a complaint. It isn't my thing, but I guess that's what the public wants, and anything that promotes the hobby is good. I only spent about an hour there; and, amazingly, didn't buy anything! Ran into a few friends and acquaintances and generally enjoyed it.