Swap meet finds

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by Glen Haasdyk, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Glen Haasdyk

Glen Haasdyk Active Member

My Club put on a model train show and swap meet this past Saturday. It was well attended by both the public and vendors. I managed to sell a few things of mine and I bought the following with the proceeds:

A Proto2000 FA2. Two years ago I bought the B unit off the same fellow who I bought the A off of this past weekend. I had hardly been run (lots of oxidization on the wheels) I cleaned it up and removed the rubber band that drives the rear fan (it never works well) and it runs great.

Another P2K FA2 but this one is a dummy. It is missing the rear fan screen, rear door and diaphram but I only paid 4$ for it It'll probably be repainted since the era is way to new for me. It does have working lights.

I've always wanted one of these little critters. It's the unpowered one but I figure I got a deal on it since I managed to get the vendor to knock $4 off the sticker price.

Finally I bought the most expensive freight car I now own. At 20$ it's pretty pricey (for me) but the detail and the fact it's a Canadian roadname makes it worth it. The only problem is there weren't any instructions in the box so can anyone help with this?

2. Help you with what?
  3. Glen Haasdyk

I need the instructions for the P2K 8,000 Gal rivited tank car. I managed to get the lager parts together but could use a little help with the details.
  4. nachoman

nachoman Guest

Those Grandt boxcabs are fun. I have two. You can reauge the standard gauge into narrow gauge by pushing in the wheels. I bought the unpowered one with the intent on powering it, but then I decided to get another powered one and permanently wire the unpowered one to it for extra pickups.

5. nkp174

nkp174 Active Member

perhaps NWSL makes a PDT truck you could use to power it?
  6. Glen Haasdyk

I think I'll just assemble the little fellow and look into powering it later. I figure 10 bucks was a pretty good price for one and I can always pose it on my waterfront.
  7. Freelancer

Freelancer Member

Here, maybe this might help.

Attached Files: