styrene sheets help

Anachron

Dec 8, 2003
Sweden
I have a little problem with cutting styrene sheets...

it says that you should score styrene sheets with a sharp knife on one side and break the sheet on the scored line.
but when I need to score out hole's for windows, how do I go throu with that?

I can only bend one line at a time and how do I bend these four lines without damageing the sheet ?

plz help me :)

Lemur

Jul 15, 2002
Yorkville, Illinois
Visit site
Cool!
Thanks for the tip. I always knew there was something I was missing. I just had too much else to worry about at the time to bother looking for a better method.
Actually, I have always been too @#&% impatient to take the time. After several bad (and I mean real bad) :mad: scratch builds, I have learned to take the time! :D

F

Fred_M

I looked at that page and the method I use wasn't there, so here goes. I drill 4 small holes (.060) as close to the four corners as I can. I then connect the holes with a wood chisel used bevel side inward toward the waste. I use just a light tap with the styrene laying on scrap wood. If I do this right there is now only a small radius left in each corner to be filed out square. I have a 1/2, 3/8, and a 1/4 wood chisel that are used only for this purpose only. This also works on thin wood and paper products too. DASH10

Attachments

• chisel.jpg
    chisel.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 160