Stone Base Water Tower

Discussion in 'Scratchin' & Bashin'' started by Karl Osolinski, Mar 11, 2005.

1. Hello again,

I scratch built this water tower based on another model on the F&SM of George Sellios. The tank was built board-by-board and colored with marking pens. I cast and carved the stone base from hydrocal.

Karl Osolinski
    Berkley, MI

Attached Files:

2. belg

belg Member

Karl I really love this tower and will someday build one, I think the How to you showed us on using sculpty clay could be used for this as well. Pat
  3. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Another beauty Karl. Are all these wonderful structures installed on your layout? Would like to see some overall photos if they are.
  4. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

5. Hi Robin,

Nope, no layout. What happened was after I put up the benchwork I started building the structures I thought I'd need. Well, I think I over-built. I did have a section of the layout finished and there were a couple photos of it in some old Walther's catalogs.

Since then the layout part was torn out and now the benchwork around the walls is just a shelf for all the models.

The first photo is the small, and I mean small, room where I keep the models and the second photo is me in my shop. The model room is actually a lot more crammed since this photo was taken.....5 pounds of junk in a 1 pound bag.

Karl Osolinski
    Berkley, MI

Attached Files: