Steamin through Bella Vista

Puckeringswine

Sep 15, 2004
Southern California
I have not posted for few weeks. I have been trying to get new fresh areas done to photograph.
Forgive the incomplete scenery in some spots but, here it is. The neon sign is from Miller Engineering, neat toy lots of bang for the buck, the billboards came form the internet. The wigwags were intended to be operating. but I finally gave up trying to keep them adjusted and operating, they are now static but a nice model none the less.

Attachments

• Bella Vista.jpg
    Bella Vista.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 146

Puckeringswine

Sep 15, 2004
Southern California
[

Don't want to brag here, but that Miller Engineering sign in your scene is one that I designed for them. :)

Val[/QUOTE]
I must say, that sign is a highpoint of the layout and were going to get at least one more. The interchangeability (is that a word?) of the differant decals of the sign is a great feature making it easy to personalize. We don't have night lighting but it works as just as well in room light. This is an item that our 50s era layouts all need. A true work of art that will make any layout look great.

CalFlash

Oct 31, 2004
central Florida
Funny how you pick out things of personal interest. I immediately zeroed in on your instillation of the Rix highway bridge as I just purchased one primarily to use as a bit of a viewblock as my track goes around a bend and to hidden trackage (I don't want to use a tunnel). Nice scene and excellent modeling!

Puckeringswine

Sep 15, 2004
Southern California
Well, then heres a photo showing the Rix bridge a kit, that has become as universal as Atlas's Lumberyard. We put some forms in, and screeded plaster smooth to get the city side abutment. Otherwise the bridge is resting on the sub roadbed, and a clete on the back of the fascia. Be sure to let the columns float in the bottom of the base so the bridge will self level. We used the bridge to break up a long tangent track on the bottom and to disguise the stiff grade on the upper track.

Attachments

• Rix B.jpg
    Rix B.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 85

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Nice pics of a beautiful looking layout in progress! I remember hearing about Val designing a product but I think this is the first time I've seen it. Terrific! Looks great in this scene. I'm with Tyson in my admiration of your palm trees too!
Ralph