Steam Locos are gettin' painted!!

Blake

Jul 19, 2002
Northern New Jersey
www.BlakeDTatar.com
First are 3 photos of an O&W Y-2 Mountain in HO. It is a Nickle Plate products model that is waiting for the tender logos.

y21.jpg

y22.jpg

y23.jpg

Next, is an O&W W class 2-8-0. She too is a Nickle Plate Products model and is almost complete. Being that the cab interior was completely detail with separate parts, I detail painted it with needles and brass bezels on the gages.

w2.jpg

w3.jpg

w4.jpg

w5.jpg

w6.jpg

Lastly (but certainly not leastly) is Marty's Fujiama Erie Berkshire. She has had the airbrush weathering completed but now needs to be drybrushed and detail painted.

brk1.jpg

brk2.jpg

brk3.jpg

brk4.jpg

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Blake, very nice paint job, all you need to do now is start thinking of a nice paint job for my 0n30 shays LOL

Cheers
Shamus

Blake

Jul 19, 2002
Northern New Jersey
www.BlakeDTatar.com
Hey Marty, when she does get finished, she will be tested on Gary's layout. Hmmmm, do you think there may be a couple of double header shots? You had better work out a lease agreement with Gary before she gets there!! Hey Shamus, send those big guys out here!

Arlaghan

Sep 9, 2003
S. FL
All the soot and dirt! WOW that is really great! I guess it's time for that railroad to run it through the automatic carwash, :D :D :D

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Beautiful weathering and detail painting!
These are three more super jobs of you, Blake! :cool:

I save these pics to have references for realistic weathering. Thanks for posting them!

Ron