Star Wars Imperial TIE Fighter by Shunichi Makino - enlarged to 1/32 scale

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Thank you! :)

May be next time the Dartvader TIE-Advanced? This one is on my wish list.
Shh, don't tell anyone, please, but I have already chosen the next one! ;)

And no, it won't be Vader's TIE. Mainly because of one reason: TIE Fighters share the same base parts. Since neither UHU02 nor Shunichi have made one yet any deviation in quality and performance would be very irritating to the eye if this model is displayed together with another one which was approached differently. I like cohesion. That means, any other TIE I would make would need to have the same base colour, size and detail like Shunichi's. I have started with it, now I'm stuck with it. :noteeth:

Even UHU02's Interceptor would look "off" because the base colour is different. I would have to recolour it first. The same is true to the Advanced. There is a model out there, it looks good and has a nice texture, but the design does not match Shunichi's. If I would do it I would take his kit as a base and would have to create all the other parts myself to match his style and finish. :)

• Wow
Reactions: micahrogers

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Beautiful job, and the superzing of this model, which makes every imperfection just shows a great big 'ol Tie Fighter. Job extremely well done!! :)

Reactions: Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
@mijob : Approximately 0.2 mm. I use standard matte paper, 160 gsm, DIN A4 size (Clairefontaine Clairalfa Opaque Printer Paper). A package of 250 sheet costs about 8 - 10 €. I used to use Papyrus Rainbow Multi Purpose Paper but I'm unable to get this at my print shop any longer, so I switched to Clairfontaine. Both are pretty much alike.

Reactions: mijob

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
View attachment 186670
Following an old tradition I cut off the lower legs of the figure to make mounting easier. :Grin:

View attachment 186671

Some beefed-up parts were added and the figure was bent into shape.

Flattened by the rebellion again...
That is cool. You could take Tirick's Storm Trooper and paint the armour and helmet black to have a pilot. Tirick's figures are available in the resource section.