Staging yard advice.

SD90

May 23, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Given the option of having a reverse loop staging yard, or a double ended staging yard, which one would you go with? I'm using DCC so the reverse loop isn't a problem. Any advice would be appreciated.

Mike.

davidmbedard

May 19, 2003
Calgary, Canada
www.davidbedard.com
Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....

SD90

May 23, 2003
Canada
Visit site
I've already have the benchwork for the staging yards done, I just was thinking of changing it, but I'm not going to, it will be a 5 track reverse loop as before, I might get started on it tonight.
I've attached a track plan that shows where it will be. The upper staging is exactly the same.

Mike

Attachments

• 32a.jpg
    32a.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 142

rguyett

Oct 22, 2003
calgary alberta
Visit site
looks like a very good layout to me and as far as your question i don't know anything about it so can't give an opinion
thanks for the comments.
You can get hooked on this in a big way it seems all we do now is plan to do things to the layout and talk trains I love it wish I got into it years ago
very relaxing hobby
again layout looks good

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hiya Mike, That plan look tremendous, some plan mate. I think because you are using DCC, it will be a relatively easy solution to reverse the locos.
Shamus

SD90

May 23, 2003
Canada
Visit site
And here it is with the first train running on it. I still have to put the other 4 tracks in, but it works for right now. Thanks for your comments everyone!

Mike.

Attachments

• 132.jpg
    132.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 99