Slag cars

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by BorgCubeAT, Jul 5, 2003.

1. BorgCubeAT

BorgCubeAT New Member

Is there a manufacturer of N scale slag cars? You know, the ones that look haul around molten metals?
  2. say_doyster

say_doyster New Member

I wish I had more details, but I have bought N scale slag car kits from Peachtree Shops in Laurel, MD. The owner is a big steel mill fanatic in HO but has several products made for N. A slag car kit is one of them.... I will try to find more info and post. They do have a web site - I think....

All the best!

Bill Deuster
  3. BorgCubeAT

BorgCubeAT New Member

Tried that link and it did not work. I hope you can get more details. That would be great. Thanks
  4. hemiadda2d

hemiadda2d Member

Didn't Walther's steelmill kits have those available when they released it in N?? I know they had some bottle cars avail, but no slag cars? What kind of steel mill doesn't make slag int he process of manufacturing steel??:confused:
  5. say_doyster

say_doyster New Member

Hey BorgCube,

I apologize, I did a bit of a search of my own and even looked at my N scale kits.... They are ingot cars... Made by Peachcreek shops....

As in Look at this address - Scale Steel Mill Kits

The ingot cars are what I thought you meant....

sorry for the confusion. Maybe this will direct you in ways you didnt realize....

All the best!

Bill Deuster
  6. BorgCubeAT

BorgCubeAT New Member

Even though you were thinking ingot car, there is a bottle car on that link that interests me so in a round about way, you accomplished your mission!! Thanks say_doyster