Sign that the end of the Model Railroading World is Nigh

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by billk, Oct 27, 2002.

1. billk

billk Active Member

There was an insert in our local paper today for a "The Chicago Bears Express illuminated electric train set". Three easy payments of $23.31 (plus a total of $7.99 s&h) gets you "an heirloom quality, HO-scale train on HO-gauge track". Actually, the "Power-pack and nickel silver E-Z Track (r) elevated roadbed tracks" are "FREE - a $60 value"!

There's more, but I can have to get off now since it's a "Limited-Time Offer - Please Respond Promptly"!
  2. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

How about a MN Vikings Limted? The way they're playing this year, though, I expect that train would come in way behind schedule. :)
  3. rockislandmike

rockislandmike Active Member

Hhhmmm.........sounds quite a bit like the Thomas Kinkaide (sp?) version I saw an ad for recently. Except it was four easy payments of $24CDN (or thereabouts), *just* for the loco and tender. Every other month you'd be billed for additional passenger cars. Also included the power pack and E-Z track free.
  4. Vic

Vic Active Member

Yep! Its drawing close!:eek: Right up there with the "Elvis" set!:eek: Thinking about seeking shelter in a boxcar!:D :D :p
  5. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

Any body ever see how much they wanted for the Dale Earnhardt Train? Last time I saw one it was close to $400.00.
  6. Sir_Prize

Sir_Prize Member

Saw that Dale set in a shop in Oklahoma City.
    Had authan' sheets and a pic of Jr. singing it. Wanted $1100.:eek:
  7. Vic

Vic Active Member

Amazing what some folks will do to capitalize on a dead man.:eek: Wonder how much he would ask if he was still alive and racing??? Probably couldn't give the thing away!:rolleyes: They ain't never gonna let Dale and Elvis rest as long as there's one skinny dollar left to be made:eek: :mad: :rolleyes: me 100 Grand up front and a 5% royalty and you can put my name on a trainset:D :D :D :D :p
  8. Vic

Vic Active Member

DAMN!!!:D Somebody took me up on my offer!:eek: :D We're now taking orders:) :D Tyson is the authorized USA dealer. Outside of the USA contact Kettlestack!!!:D

PS...Order before Nov 15, 2002 and we'll include the horses and their manure!!:D :D :D

Attached Files:

9. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

I can't afford the whole set right now, but am wondering if the horsey poopy can be purchased seperatly? And is it scale? :eek: :eek: :eek:
  10. Vic

Vic Active Member

Sorry Jon, We can't break up any sets....I'm sure we'll have some returns after Christmas so watch for the After Christmas Clearence!:D :D :p
  11. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Great! I need the transformer too! I'll save a fortune on therapy! Can ya toss in a pair of ear and eye lid clips?
  12. kf4jqd

kf4jqd Active Member

Try to beat this!

When my friend Christ and I were kids. Tyco had a Star Wars and GI Joe train sets. We WANTED them. Our parents thought it was stupid. So they got us Lionel's. Guest what those trains hauled around the track? Star Wars and GI Joe figures!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

13. kf4jqd

kf4jqd Active Member

I ment Chris not CHRIST!!!!:D :eek: :eek:

My Bad!
  14. Gary Pfeil

Gary Pfeil Active Member

Glad you cleared that up! I was thinking "c'mon, there were no trains back then"

15. Vic

Vic Active Member

Hey Andy, There may not have been any trains....but there were automobiles.....Hondas....The New Testament clearly states that The Apostles were all in one Accord!!!:D :D :D Credit to my preacher for that one!!!:D :D :D
  16. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

Plymouths also."God drove them out in a Fury"
  17. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

...but mostly model railroaders. Where's there line "the house was filled with His great train"..?