Shelf Layout

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by Papa Bear, Jan 24, 2005.

1. Papa Bear

Papa Bear Member

I started a small shelf layout to run some of my HO equipment on. The inspiration comes from the Erick, Oklahoma micro-layout plan on Carl Arendt's website. The layout is 16" X 68" with 4' of "visible" layout space. The track plan will be similar, although I have moved the locale from Oklahoma to central Florida.

Attached Files:

2. rcline

rcline Member

Papa, That's a good start, keep sending more pics as you get each step completed!
  3. Papa Bear

Papa Bear Member

I painted the layout and started laying track.

Attached Files:

4. Lighthorseman

Lighthorseman Active Member

Looks like you're off to a great start! Be sure to keep us updated. :thumb:
  5. Papa Bear

Papa Bear Member

I added ground cover and started on the road crossing.

Attached Files:

6. trainwhiz20

trainwhiz20 Member

Wow. Dumbfounding process. :thumb:

Just out of curiousity, and I'm sure we'll see, but what are you going to use to continue the road crossing over the tracks?

Keep up the good work.:D
  7. Papa Bear

Papa Bear Member

I'm going to make wooden crossings out of scale lumber. Then, I'll cover the foamcore roadway with joint compound and tie it into the crossings.
  8. trainwhiz20

trainwhiz20 Member

Okay. I was just wondering, because I'm trying to do the same thing. Although, I'm not sure I could handle building a scale lumber crossing!

I really loved your layout of the Pensacola and Gulf Railway. It was a unique setting that I have yet to see anywhere else. I certainly admire you're modelling skills. That's why I ask about the road and stuff, it might be great inspiration!

Please do keep us updated. I look forward to seeing the progress.
  9. Papa Bear

Papa Bear Member

Actually, it's not as hard as it sounds. I'll post some pictures when I build it.

Thanks for your kind words about the Pensacola and Gulf. It was a fun layout to build. I've got some more projects planned for it, too.

Take care.